Confluence Trail

Confluence Trail is a 3.5 mile out and back trail located near Auburn, California that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Fun & easy hike with some great views!

This trail is gorgeous and I would not classify it as easy based on the narrow path and the multi use with bikes. I actually freaked out at the beginning because it is single track and a steep drop off to the river. Passing a bike would have been dicey. If you are a Scary cat like me - just go across the street to the clementine trail. That trail is marked moderate - but only because of the uphill. I prefer the uphill to the drop off to the river bed any day.

Great hike! Nice views of the river for a majority of the trip. A moderate climb up on the way out and nice gradual downhill on the way back. A good balance of shade and sun, but definitely bring at least some water to keep hydrated if you are going during the summer months/hotter days. Moderately easy hike and would go again! $10 dollar day use fee

First time to hike the Confluence Trail and will come back only will start earlier than 10 a.m. on a hot summer day due to minimal shade. Beautiful vistas of river for for first half and only had to step aside for 3 mountain bikers. Gradual elevation, trail well marked.

This was my first time hiking in Auburn State Recreation Area. This hike offered enough scenery and wildlife to entertain my family. Friendly bike riders and trail runners. Will totally do it again.

Great, easy hike with kids. Toward the end there is a little trail down to the river and a fantastic swimming hole where the current is minimal, crossing the river is easy (even for my 8 year old) and there's a big rock on the other side that's easy to climb and perfect for jumping off of.

Definitely go early during the summer. Extremely warm. Look out for rattlesnakes on trail.

Setting and river views are amazing. BUT the trail has many narrow areas with steep drops to the river on one side. Also, there are many bikers on this trail that make the walk a lot less pleasant. Actually, it was anxiety filled - we watched a biker fall and nearly end up in the canyon. I'd advice you pick a different trail - one which does not allow bikes or one wide enough to accommodate both. This one did not.

Easy day hike. small falls & the river. Nice trail for horses. Easy access to trail. Not a lot of shade on this trail so may not want to be out in the afternoon on a hot day.

Awesome view!

Awesome trail. Friendly people all around. Only saw one snake and of course the incredible views this trail offers

Brought our German Shepherd and it was great!

Good trails.

Thin and wet with mild elevation change. Nice walk.

Beautiful hike. I did it with my three kids, 4, 8 & 10
and they managed it well in spite of steep drop offs towards the river below and mountain bikers coming through. If you pay attention it's no problem but other trails would be more relaxing if you do have young kids. I had my 4yr old within arms reach the entire time, and I would usually let him wander a little more. It was a fantastic day for us!

This area near Auburn is beautiful. There are multiple trails leading in all directions and are of varying altitude. The people are friendly, parking is cheap only $10 for day use, and is dog friendly with river access by way of walking. Biking is also recommended. Many cyclists were out today and the trails had plently of room for everyone.

It was the first beautiful day we've had in a long time and this hike with my 3 year old grandson was just what we needed!

This trail 4 miles go and back it nive view

Beautiful hike & run along the Middle Fork of the American River. River was swollen, and some erosion of the trail made for a couple dangerous spots.

Sunday, August 28, 2016

Had an awesome time hiking. Weather was fantastic. Great time with friends and the park staff very personal.

Will most definitely go again.