Cold Spring Trail

Cold Spring Trail is a 2.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Santa Barbara, California that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from February until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

cave

not very pleasant descent - dust with small rocks

Went two days ago... great for a beginner

Start with a jog and enjoy!

Nice trail pretty nice terrain not too rocky. We did Edison catwalk loop, the sign is now again at the top. I loved the shade and sun in the mid day fall, not too hot! Beautiful views and trails.

Ocean view, woods, water, bolders to play on, some elevation, all in all a great little loop trail.

Nice and easy hike! Took the back way up for a bit of a steeper climb and more rock climbing!

Absolutely beautiful hike. A little treacherous on the way down towards the end due to dry loose soil, so just watch your step. My dog loved it, too!

DONE! ; )

I decided to start building up to backpack camping with my 8 yr old and see how well we would do with a full load. Testing the waters. All went well. Good hike for kids. Definitely start on the trail next to the creek.

It's a beautiful hike. There are two entry points for the traiI. I suggest starting the 2.2 loop at the Cold Spring Trail sign to the left beside the stream. The trail is lush with greenery and well shaded. It's a steady, scenic climb to the top which reveals breathtaking city and coastal views of Santa Barbara. I slipped a few times on the way down so be mindful of various loose rocks. Overall it's a well worth the effort!

Good view from the top and decent elevation gain for such a short hike. Great spot for a quick little excursion.

Beautiful views.

Paths get a tad confusing when crossing streams, but the views from your hiking efforts are certainly worth it!

Started our family hike on a Saturday morning @ 8:30, little traffic and it was fun to see dogs getting wet in the streams on the way up.

Definitely a great afternoon hike. Most of it is shaded and the inclines don't last too long!

One of my favorites in Santa Barbara!

Saturday, October 29, 2016

This trail starts out rocky but then gets easier. We went up and caught another trail to get some great pictures of Santa Barbara, too bad it was over cast when we went. The incline going up is pretty serious and the trail can get narrow but it was moderate compared to other trails I have hiked. I would definitely do this hike again!

Sunday, September 25, 2016

Gorgeous views!

Sunday, July 10, 2016

Beautiful views of Santa Barbara!!! Only down side was all the poison oak. Also, a little too crowded for out taste. Lots of shade!

Sunday, July 10, 2016

Great hike not too trafficked parking is spotty but trail overall is great. There are a lot of different ways you can go too we took west fork to Gibraltar Rd and back.