New Years Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $19.99
Get Started

Cold Creek Valley Preserve via Stunt High Trail

Cold Creek Valley Preserve via Stunt High Trail is a 2.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Calabasas, California that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, birding, and horses and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.2 miles Elevation Gain: 314 feet Route Type: Loop

Quick easy hike with lots of shade, woohoo!!

beautiful and lush!!!! all the green!!

Took my grandchildren 5 and 8 nice path not much shade and a bit long for them but very enjoyable. No place to sit and eat lunch but we made due on the trail.

Loved this trail. I brought my 16 pound 7 year old Cockapoo and he did really well the whole way! Very quiet and pretty. Not many people here considering it’s Memorial Day weekend. Caution: lots of rocks before getting to Cold Creek Valley Preserve and some thorns and sharp thistles on some of the walk in the Valley. I can’t wait to do this again!

great trail that runs by a creek and leads to a bird and plant preserve.

Tue Sep 04 2018

This was my first hiking trip in a decade (since I was a Girl Scout) and it was beautiful. Very light and easy, brought my pup with me and he had a blast. Although I mistook the Calabasas Peak Trail for the Cold Creek Preserve a whole mile in, I made my way back down and found the correct trail. The sun didn’t come out till about 10, it was cool and misty and very friendly people on the trail. I would recommend for both dogs and kids, we even saw a harmless snake trek across the trail. Can’t wait to go back again!

Mon Mar 26 2018

Beautiful hike that starts with a gentle descent. Heavy rainfall earlier in the week left plenty of water in creek and everything green. Trails are well-maintained and there is shade for most of trail. Had to cross two small streams. Fun and will do again!

Sun Dec 24 2017

The trail begins in a lush California forest filled with oak trees and a beautiful dry creek along the path. Finding the various mountain streams that lead to the creek was a fun diversion. As the trail continues through open spaces filled with various native brush, you realize that you are at the bottom of a canyon surrounded by green mountains.

recorded Recording - Jan 26, 2:19 PM