Codfish Falls Trail

Codfish Falls Trail is a 2.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Foresthill, California that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

cave

Great trail,but the road needs a little help ! Nice to see all the wild flowers in bloom!

Such a beautiful area, wasn't aware that drive down was a dirt road! AWD car will do you good. The hike was beautiful, got a lot of mentally clarity. Must go to!

This trail is great and pretty simple. I've hiked it in summer and spring, both good hikes. During summer the majority is shaded but the waterfall was dry. In spring the weather is great and the waterfall is beautiful. Both times I went there were only one other group and always going in the opposite direction. I highly recommend.

Road is closed on the Auburn side. Super bummed out..

The road down to the trailhead on hwy 80 side is closed. Don't know about fortesthill side.

1st weekend of November, 67°, the falls were flowing beautifully. Pretty rough road the last 3mi. Nice, short, and easy hike. At the end of the trail when you get close to the falls theres a fork. To the left is the bottom of Codfish falls and to the right is a steep trail that leads you to the top of the falls. Totally worth being able to chill and put your feet in the top of a waterfall with some beautiful veiws! Take both and venture down below the falls there's some pretty cool areas to explore.

I went today for my first time and it was nice. I would like to go during the spring time to see the full waterfall because it was pretty much dried up. it's not a difficult trail at all and there was barely anyone there. The only down side to this trail is the drive down, be prepared for roughly 3 miles of a super rough bumpy dirt road. Other than that the area is really pretty and I would defiantly go again.

Great being always next to the water..we took a little time out to cool off as it was 100+ degrees out that day. The waterfall was dried out..will go back in spring! The drive down was very bumpy!

was not 9 miles. but pretty.

This was a nice little trail. The dirt road you have to take to get to it is definitely bumpy all the 3+ miles down. The trail follows along the river most of the way and was a good mix of sunny and shady parts. The kids wanted to go down to the water and have our lunch on a rocky island on the way back so we did. The water was only ankle deep but I'm guessing it gets much deeper during the rainy season. Everyone had a great time and we'll probably go back again.

We went in April after a rainy week and the falls were very powerful. My 4 and 6 year olds made it without too much difficulty. The only bad thing about this hike is driving to it - the road down is very steep and narrow. We came from Folsom area so may try the back way in next time. The falls are beautiful and definitely worth it!

Awesome trail!!! Getting to the trail is the difficult part. The road to get there is bad. If you have a low clearance car don't go! 4x4 is best but my Dodge Caliber got there. I recommend coming in from the north side of Ponderosa way. It wasn't as bad as coming from Foresthill rd. The trail itself is well maintained but narrow. The falls are amazing! And makes up for the hellish drive in.