Learn more

Cloudripper Trail is a 12.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Bishop, California that offers the chance to see wildlife and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until October.

Distance: 12.9 miles Elevation Gain: 4,927 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Started at S. Lake/Pipeline, up Green Lake Trail 5/29/20. Trail is mainly clear for the first 4.5 miles, then solid, waste deep snow. Need snowshoes to summit. Lots of water due to snow melt. I was very glad I had my GoreTex shoes on. No one else out on the day we went. Really tough hike!

one of the most difficult trails I've ever endured.... effing awesome. bagged a few peaks on this one

This is an absolutely brutal trail. We offroaded through Coyote Flats and camped at Green Lake (with bugs galore). The trial stops on the flat - there is no actual established trail at all up to the peaks. You simply have to pick your way up along the rocks and snowfields. The ascent and descent over Vagabond and then up to Cloudripper is all rock scrambling, on the order 3 miles. The views from Cloudripper are absolutely awesome, but all of us were saying 'Never again' even as we chilled at the summit.