Clintonia Trail Loop

Clintonia Trail Loop is a 6.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Berry Glenn, California that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Nice trail through the forest, but nothing spectacular. Plenty of mushrooms to discover during wet season though! The best groves in my opinion in this park are on the Friendship Ridge! This trail is 6.9 miles according to the ranger with a more accurate map. Overall, a nice and fairly easy stroll... took me about 3 hours from the parking lot.

Nice scenic trail with uphills and downhills. Took us about 30mins per 1 mile. Saw some other hikers but its definetly not full of people and quietly serene.

Awesome trail.... The best trail of it's length in the park for me so far. The other 2 I like only slightly better are much longer and harder. Gorgeous hike that is almost all old growth redwoods, Mostly a ridge hike that is up and down with a lot of variety which I enjoy more than just an up and down the mountain hike such as Ossagon which I also did today. A small part of Clintonia isn't redwoods but still very pretty. I saw the most people on the trails today than I've seen all winter... This is a hike that I will take a lot of people on in the future and highly recommend to all.

Friday, September 06, 2013