Clintonia Trail Loop

Clintonia Trail Loop is a 6.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Berry Glenn, California that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

This is the best we hiked among the Redwoods! Accidentally did the last two miles in the dark without headlamps. You can choose to do 4 or 6 miles because Clintonia splits into a North and South loop. We opted to do both.

Majestic hike among the old growth redwood. We did the hike yesterday, 3/29/18. Great intermediate hike for a few hours with great picture opportunities. However, both captures the sights, smell and feel. The visitors center is a great place to stop for trail advice based on your time, level and desitmred sights. Ranger/staff are very friendly and helpful.

If I could, this would be an annual pilgrimage to walk among the giants and recharge the soul.

Nice trail through the forest, but nothing spectacular. Plenty of mushrooms to discover during wet season though! The best groves in my opinion in this park are on the Friendship Ridge! This trail is 6.9 miles according to the ranger with a more accurate map. Overall, a nice and fairly easy stroll... took me about 3 hours from the parking lot.

Thursday, August 03, 2017

Nice scenic trail with uphills and downhills. Took us about 30mins per 1 mile. Saw some other hikers but its definetly not full of people and quietly serene.

Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Awesome trail.... The best trail of it's length in the park for me so far. The other 2 I like only slightly better are much longer and harder. Gorgeous hike that is almost all old growth redwoods, Mostly a ridge hike that is up and down with a lot of variety which I enjoy more than just an up and down the mountain hike such as Ossagon which I also did today. A small part of Clintonia isn't redwoods but still very pretty. I saw the most people on the trails today than I've seen all winter... This is a hike that I will take a lot of people on in the future and highly recommend to all.

Friday, September 06, 2013