Clementine Trail to Clark's Pool

Clementine Trail to Clark's Pool is a 4.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Auburn, California that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

paddle sports

Lake Clementine Trail leads to the spot where the North Fork Dam meets the rocks for an outstanding view of cascading water. Trail passes under the tallest bridge in California, Foresthill Bridge. The waterfall is absolutely amazing. There are rarely any people at the base of the fall but there is an abundance of poison oak so you need to be careful. Another good feature about this hike is about a quarter of a mile into the hike you pass by Clark's Pool - a fairly popular swimming hole. Despite being in the middle of the river, it is actually quite warm and very refreshing - especially since the first half of the hike is totally unshaded and gets rather hot. Dogs are not allowed at Lake Clementine.

The falls itself were very refreshing. As for the trail, we took a different route to the falls. Right off of freeway 80 in Auburn, we took Forest hill road which leads us to Lake Clamentine road. This is more hard than the normal trail as it loses elevation pretty quickly and coming back up is fairly hard, of course if you are on foot (and we were, and it was not fun coming back up!). There is parking right off of the falls but I think it is only for people who bring their boats, and it is small which fills up quickly on a weekend.

Very nice fairly easy hike. Lots of great side trails down to the river. Enjoyed a quick dip to cool off. It was very enjoyable and I will be back.

nice easy trail. nice scenery . water is clear and cool to jump in for a dip after your hike. easy walk for whole family. best do do early morning to have a an easy hike . highly recommended.

It is an enjoyable trail, I was a little disappointed to see vehicle traffic upon reaching the lake, access to the lake is almost non existant by foot. I will definelty take the hike to the swimming holes next time. Parking is pretty bad as well. That's to be expected. It is a beautiful area.

Pretty view and steady elevation but kinda boring just walking so long with little to stop and explore the higher you go up the hill

Beautiful hike, uphill on the way in which I'm sure is why it's rated moderate. Beautiful views, wide trail- I will do it again in the cooler weather.

Disappointed trail turns into asphalt

If you’re not going Swimmin go elsewhere

Easy hike and absolutely stunning views. Spectacular trail since it is all the way by the river. Waterfall and rainbow are breathtaking. Will be back on Fall or Spring. In Summer I would say do early morning.

Jeremy and I hiked this trail and the views were spectacular! The Forest Hills Bridge is breathtaking and the river runs all along the trail making for great scenery. Clarke’s Pool was a bonus on the way back. Refreshing after being in the heat. Definitely returning for that! Nowhere did i see mentioned about the parking fee. Not a big deal but was unprepared to pay. Thank goodness they accepted Visa. Also, this app says dogs are not allowed on Clementine which is the lake behind the dam. “No dogs allowed” was also on the gate of the trailhead with dog poop bags right next to it. There were quite a few dogs on the trail and at the Pool. Not super clear about the furry ones being allowed or not. Great hike and swim!

Awesome morning hike. Stopped to cool off in swimming hole just east of Foresthill Bridge. Dog that was on shore with some folks swimming decided to leave his mark on my backpack which was unfortunate. Lots of places to explore along the rocky shore. Definitely doing this hike/swim again. *** Note: CA State Parks charges $10 to park along the roadway/park area. Booth is sometimes open and accepts credit cards, but bring cash in case.

Great hike for my wife, who is afraid that critters and snake are going to eat her, so she prefers a nice wide trail. Mostly in the shade if you go in the morning.

hiking and a beautiful rainbow and waterfall

Love the river next to the trail.

I think this is the hike that I went on recently based on the pictures people have posted. Was not expecting Clark's Hole but it was a pleasant surprise. There's a rock you can jump off of, just be careful because it's slippery. The swimming hole is really deep. Where we were wasn't much space but I think the "beach" stretches out a long the trail (we heard people talking when we were back on the trail walking towards the falls further away from where we had been). There's also fish in the water, so don't be surprised if a trout (?) wants to say hey when you have your feet in the water.

in fact it's a pretty easy hike, little but steady elevation no real effort needed, got a few spots you can check out while you follow the trail. pretty crowded.

Beautiful views of river and forest hill bridge.

Easy hike, watch out for mountain bikes.

fun, easy hike.

Waterfall at the end of the trail makes it all worth it, trail runs along the river with great views, fairly easy trail well well worth the hike

All worth it! Beautiful Waterfall View at end of hike! It was not too hard. Fairly moderate hike. Don't forget to bring water & snack. But a few biker speeders who zoomed past by us and created a super duper road dust all over. Not cool. Otherwise it was an awesome trail.

Great hike for the kids. Trails are very clean and safe for kids to walk on.

beautiful view of running dam at end of trail; close access of its not busy.

mostly wide paths. uphill on the way to the dam, downhill on the return, except for the paved part right before the dam (about .25 miles).

Auburn national park is a great place for outdoor easy peasiness.

Great starter hike with excellent view of the dam. Bring your snorkel gear and walk down to the river for a refreshing swim before you head out.

We went on 4/15/18 and the weather was gorgeous! Felt like the first day of good weather on a weekend, finally! We hiked 1.5 miles down the main path, before taking a turnout down to the water. The bikers were courteous
to let us know when they were behind us (love the bell!) Other dog owners (we had ours with us) were friendly too. Pretty cool to see the bottom of the bridge I use to commute everyday!

the bf and i jogged our way there and it was pretty fast hike. Views breathtaking!

Was a beautiful trail. W tried to hike it. BUT Definitely should not be marked kid friendly , there way too many mountain bikers. Steep hills where bikers flew fast at us. And not too many areas to step to the side to avoid.

Is beautiful loved

This was a beautiful hike! I’m very out of shape and wanted to get outdoors to jumpstart my fitness journey. I did get really winded going uphill, but took breaks and powered through. I would definitely rate this as a moderate to easy hike for most. If I can do it, ANYONE can.

Be ready to pay 10$ for parking

Amazing hike. A lot of people. But still recommend to see the dam.