Cleghorn Ridge Trail

Cleghorn Ridge Trail is a 14.4 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near San Bernardino, California that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for scenic driving and off road driving and is best used from June until October.

Point to Point

scenic driving

Cleghorn Ridge Trail is a technical dirt trail open to off-highway vehicles (OHV) in the San Bernardino National Forest in Southern California. The trail runs from the Cleghorn off-ramp on Interstate 15 (i-15) in Cajon Pass over Cleghorn Ridge to State Highway 138 at Lake Silverwood. Once on the trail, off-roaders can choose between a scenic fire road or a 4x4 trail. The trail offers great desert and mountain views including a ridge top view of Mount Baldy.

off road driving

this trail is best when you do every single off shoot you see instead of the boring fire road. jeeps are able to take all the offshoot lines, which isn't hard if you already have off road experience. however, in a Toyota truck, or 4 runner, the hardest lines will definitely 3 wheel due to lack of articulation with IFS... unless you disconnect front sway bar. the only challenging portions are towards the end, which is also the best part to finish the trail. lockers are not needed here. I've been here twice and towards the end Toyota guys crowd up to watch the jeeps do the steep rutted off shoots. gotta love having a jeep!

off road driving

Just finished this trail on 4/28/18. loved it, I used my stock 2000 dodge dakota 5.9L V8 4x4 on this trail. So much fun will be doing it again! I have 32 inch tires on 15 inch wheels when I was doing this trail.

off road driving

It was a really nice trail today. Not too tight with enough room to get around someone. The forest department has provided a very nice staging area off the 138 about 2.5 miles east of the 15fwy. On the 138 there's a forestry sign that says something about Cleghorn staging area next right. When you see the sign, they mean the next right!! A dirt road about 200 feet past the sign. We were towing a green sticker vehicle and were a little concerned when we saw a sign that said no green sticker vehicle on this road. But I guess the sign only referred to the.25 mile dirt road to the staging area. Trash cans and toilets at the staging area--very nice. My buddy and I only had one complaint---people will you please take your trash out with you!!! If you can carry in the beer cans, food wrappers, etc., you can certainly get your shit back home! I am a backpacker for 35 years but the body is having trouble carrying the load, so we're learning the off road experience. We brought one kitchen trash bag for our trash and whatever other trash we may have come across. Crap, we should have brought a dump truck. If we all can't start taking care of our off road areas, the government is just going to say, screw you guys, we're shutting it down!! Let's show a little concern for our wilderness!! Enjoy the drive!!!!

off road driving

Very well maintained off road trail. Plenty of off-shoots that are much more challenging if you choose. I would totally recommend for any Jeep!

it's badass but really rocky at some points

Great trail. Main trail is easy, but those who want to be challenged can take the alternative routes. These alternative trails tye back to the main trail. Some alternate routes are moderate some are hard core. Take those that meet your rigs ability and skip those that are too much.

off road driving

FunShine Jeep Girls of So California lead 11 rigs across the Fire Road, including a Jeep Renegade. We played in the Punchbowl with a group shot and 2 got high centered, which we pulled out. Beautiful but cold and windy day. we will definitely be coming back and doing more of the difficult offshoots in the very near future.

off road driving

Took a group of 11 Jeeps today. Weather was perfect. Lots of fun puddles to go through. Main road quite easy, with plenty of off-shoots for more difficulty. Plenty of views for everyone! All people on trail very nice. Make sure you make punchbowl a stop.

off road driving

Great trail for different activities took some time but well worth it in the end with great views and very friendly people around.

off road driving

It’s a great trail. It’s a long trail and lots of people makes you feel safer since anyone can basically give you a hand if needed. Will be back but next time I am going all the way across and back.

Plenty of different paths to choose from

off road driving

Great trail. Took my ktm out. Went down a few places not meant for a bike. Great views. Loved it.

Great road lots of views. Will do it again.

Great, Mellow ride with great views!

Ok

My first time! Loved it!

off road driving

Part of a 4 Jeep caravan, one of which was stock. Good run for everyone on the main road. Couple of us modified jeeps did some of the more challenging off shoots. 4 low should be good enough for many of the side shoots, but a couple are probably best done with lockers on too.

Fun ride, but bouncy for sure.

Made it with my k1500 suburban

good for everyone.. maybe go on a week day and it wont be crowded lol

off road driving

This is a great Trail with easy and hard sections to choose from. Please don’t liter and help keep these trails clean for everyone’s enjoyment.

Great trail, first time for me but had some help from Keanan from SCLR and came out no issues

off road driving

Did this the night of the super moon! This trail is definitely not a fire road. Tons of technical bypasses along the trail for someone looking for a challenge. They all lead back to the main trail at the end, pretty much impossible to get lost. There is a part where you first see the lake that someone spray painted a rock with “do not” in black. Make sure to walk down this trail first to ensure you can do it. There is a huge drop on the left side at the end.

If you want easy stay on the fire trails. I got stuck in some really scary spots off the trail. If you can't tell which way to go, stop get out walk a little to see where the trail leads. Also you can watch YouTube videos showing you where to go. It helped prepare me... I am a noob with a stock jeep wrangler.

off road driving

Perfect balance of both. Nice cruising trail parallel with "oh shit" trails. You decide

off road driving

great day out with the family

off road driving

Great trail for all levels

off road driving

THIS IS NOT A BEGINNER/ EASY TRAIL!!! AT LEAST THE MAP THAT THIS GIVES YOU!
Now there are two parts of this trail, the fire road which is easy and the really hard JEEP trail. I have a Wj special edition with a 2.5" lift and only with quadra trac II. And believe me, there were countless times on this trail where i was fighting to keep my truck on 4 wheels and avoiding severe body damage. DO NOT FOLLOW THE TRAIL THIS APP GIVES YOU BECAUSE HOLY HELL! The trail this app gives is NOT FOR BEGINNERS.

off road driving

great ride , one hard area not marked but awesome views.

off road driving

An easy and fun trail to try out.