Memorial Day Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started

Cleghorn Ridge OHV Road: I-15 to Highway 138 at Silverwood Lake

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(372)
San Bernardino National Forest

Cleghorn Ridge OHV Road: I-15 to Highway 138 at Silverwood Lake is a 14.4 mile heavily trafficked point-to-point trail located near San Bernardino, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for scenic driving and ohv/off road driving and is accessible year-round.

Distance: 14.4 miles Elevation Gain: 2,785 feet Route Type: Point to Point

scenic driving

ohv / off road driving

Cleghorn Ridge Trail is a technical dirt trail open to off-highway vehicles (OHV) in the San Bernardino National Forest in Southern California. The trail runs from the Cleghorn off-ramp on Interstate 15 (i-15) in Cajon Pass over Cleghorn Ridge to State Highway 138 at Lake Silverwood. Once on the trail, off-roaders can choose between a scenic fire road or a 4x4 trail. The trail offers great desert and mountain views including a ridge top view of Mount Baldy.

This trail is great for beginners, it gets a little funky at times so mind your routes and parts and plan when you can... What helped me get through those sweet little parts filled with potential funk (the bad kind) was pausing well before the funk, planning my path across the funk, and remembering that momentum is my cool little friend that I'm building a close relationship and understanding with. #Pumpupthejam

ohv/off road driving

Amazing views! Our first time on this trail, and I’ve got to say we definitely ended the trip on a rough note. We started off on the 138 across from Summit Trail. Bumpy road, and somewhat traffic along the way on a Sunday. There are easy/moderate trails aside by hard trails. We lost track of the ongoing jeeps after stopping for photos. Towards the end of the trail we made a mistake of going through a gnarly path. We got stuck, because I started to panic. Fortunately and unfortunately a Can-Am started driving down the same path and tipped over. Obviously we ran to help the fella out. But I would like to call him an angel that fell from heaven. Literally. I wish we knew his name, because he spotted us the rest of the way. Almost sh*t our pants, but that man was a savior. Overall, an amazing experience. Highly recommended.

Fun local playground to take my jeep. I change it up and do the trail at night I reccomend that as it is a totally different experience.

We took our stock Toyota Tacoma Off Road. There were many deep rutted portions where choosing a line was important. Did about 90% in 2WD. We only used 4WD for some trickier portions but honestly didn’t need it looking back. A little scary as a beginner but no real problems. Someone we ran into stated due to rain it’s more difficult and technical than usual

ohv/off road driving

Very nice trail! Crowded on the weekends. If you want to enjoy it don’t go the easy way

ohv/off road driving

Fun trail. Good views. I drive. A 2011 Silverado 2WD with a level. Made it the whole way. Stick to your lines though if you want to stay in 2WD

Nice easy trail, I didn’t need to engage 4low.

ohv/off road driving

Easy to get to. We started off the 15. 2WD most of the way. But to be honest... if you’re a beginner like me. You might want to try another trail. Or if you do it for the first time make sure you have a good spotter in some off shoots. Make sure you pay attention to the signs. I followed my buddy’s up the intermediate trails and for me it was quite intimidating. Especially towards the end. But I want to do it again. Oh and if you’re not used to being off camber in a vehicle, you better get used to it fast.

ohv/off road driving

Technical. Scenic views of Mount Baldy and Silverado lake. Great trails for a quick day trip with your crew.

Fun trail. Great views when heading towards Silverwood Lake

ohv/off road driving

The scenic trail is medium difficulty at times and great scenery. 4x4 off-shouts or side-routes I found to be difficult. Especially the ‘last’ side-route (or first one if yur coming from silver lake). 2 weeks ago a new gladiator 3” lift 35x12.50s) fell over on its side AND last week my buddy fell over. See pics. Some spots pretty technical but gorgeous and worth it. I wish the side routes were labeled difficulty.

ohv/off road driving

I drove this trail on April 5th 2020. I was in an f-150 FX4. It’s leveled and on 33’s. Overall, this trail is exactly what it says it is. A moderate difficulty trail, mainly due to route finding, a few washed out segments and a couple moderately technical straddling segments.

Washed out at the second staging area. Need a lot more clearance than a typical suv to make it. Looks like it would be really fun but didn't want to risk it, will try again soon!

ohv/off road driving

Great beginner to advanced route. The fire road is easy for some vehicles with 2wd and a little road clearance. There are offshoots which can range from beginner to hard. They always meet up with the main trail. Recommend watching some YouTube videos or going with a friend who’s been before so that you don’t take a hard trail by accident.