Cleghorn Ridge OHV Trail: Highway 138 to Silverwood Lake

Cleghorn Ridge OHV Trail: Highway 138 to Silverwood Lake is a 12.2 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near San Bernardino, California that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for off road driving and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 12.2 miles Elevation Gain: 2,020 feet Route Type: Point to Point

ohv / off road driving

off road driving

Took my Subaru Outback out and had a great time. Did a few of the offshoots which were fun. Over all a great trail, very beautiful and lush.

off road driving

Quite the view from up top.

off road driving

Took my 2019 Jetta SEL, no issues at all! 1.5” lift with KO/2’s and FWD, did perfectly fine with amazing views and crazy peaceful! Highly recommend with anyone that has at least 7-8” of clearance.

Hike this loop with my two dogs. I did the loop portion and did not hike all the way to Lake Silverwood. The hike follows a dirt road along the ridge to Cleghorn Mountain. There are several small dirt roads that offer challenged to OHV. The best part of the loop is the 6.5 mile section of the PCT. The trail is well marked and winds through a series of scrubs and oaks. If you hike this trail with dogs, check them for them ticks!

off road driving

2012 jku STOCK. did this trail while rainning and foggy lots of mud. did half then ended up taking a trail out. would not recommend if u have no experience with mud and if you have no copilot to help you scout. there are parts where breaks didnt stop the jeep and a part where u kind of slid off to the edge do to mud. will be coming back when it dries up to do the whole loop.

off road driving

This is an excellent trail for the beginner. Moderate traffic but lots of cut out to pass and lots of alternates to test you and your rigs abilities. Dog friendly trail. Great views.

off road driving

Back yard playground for my 98 zj!

off road driving

My first off-road adventure. This trail was a great entry to the off-road world. I used my c20 1/2 ton 4wd long bed pickup. It went well. The trail was about 20 miles. Wasn’t a loop but ended on hwy 138 about 9 miles from the entry point. I’d do it again.

off road driving

First time on this trail. Was an easy trail, with moderate traffic. Lots of off shoots to test your skills and your rig. Some great views of Silverwood Lake.

off road driving

First time driving my wrangler off road and it was well worth it! Awesome views of Lake Silverwood. Not too bad if you’re a newbie but there are some more challenging off shoots if you’re brave!

Saturday, September 08, 2018

Beautiful views. Lightweight fire road with more aggressive off-shoots all along the main road.

Saturday, September 01, 2018

This was my first trail jeeping (noob), 11 Rubicon 4 inch lift on 35s. for the most part this trail has a main fire road that is mostly flat dirt with a steady incline and you have the option to go on the more difficult climbs. i went off the map provided on the app and as i said the first 2/3 of the trail had the options to do difficult climbs but the last third of the trail had me sweating bullets because there is no turning back and it gets eaven more difficult, reguardless i had lots of fun and was a great first learning experience. I would had felt more comfortable if i had another vehicle with me as there is no way to winch yourself out. also the map provided is wrong, there is no looparound trail , at tge top 3 tabs (Reviews, photos, recordings) go to recordings and user "back light" posted tge correct map trail.

Monday, June 11, 2018

Had a fun time running this trail in my 2WD locked 4runner. Took about half the off-shoots, turned around on a few but still had a blast. Seems there are two listings for this trail, Cleghorn Loop and Cleghorn Ridge.

Sunday, April 29, 2018

This is a fun trail to be on. There a lot of off shoots to practice and learn how to off road but if you are not comfortable with that, then take the main trail. I did the trail in a 1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee with open diffs and the car handled the trail effortlessly. Also on the weekends the trail is kind of crowed so bear in mind that you may get stuck behind a group that takes up the whole trail.

Sunday, February 18, 2018

fun trail but can get a little busy on the weekend. be mindful of oncoming traffic, don't go too fast. has side obstacles to try. it's fun to see all the jeeps do their thing.

Saturday, February 10, 2018

Though the distance was long and incline was steady this was a fairly easy hike due to the wide dirt trail. The views were beautiful.

Tuesday, January 23, 2018

great trail and trip this past Saturday 1 20 18 .... kids enjoyed the jeep 4x4 ride.

Tuesday, December 26, 2017

This was my third time coming out. It’s a great Trail with easy and hard sections to choose from. Please don’t liter and help keep these trails clean for everyone’s enjoyment.

Tuesday, November 28, 2017

I drove in 6.5 miles on Forest road 2N49. Then hiked to Cajon Mnt then Sugar Pine Mnt and Baily peak, along with two other unnamed peaks. 14.5 miles hiked. Awesome viwes all around.

Saturday, September 30, 2017

Had a blast today went on this trail for the first time since I got my jeep

Monday, September 04, 2017

Very cool trail, I would suggest a moderate lift. My Jeep Wrangler unlimited X with stock suspension made it but would have been little easier. Many off portions not for beginners. The trail will put you in uncomfortable positions.

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

sure it says moderate off road difficulty; however I know for a fact that if I had a 2WD & or stock suspension, I would been stuck at least twice. I warn any amateurs to be cautious and ready for a few oh shit moments. other than that, I made it out alive and had a great time..

Monday, September 19, 2016

My first time off-roading was on Cleghorn. Parts of the trail gets pretty narrow so expect some pinstriping from the local chaparral.

Sunday, July 17, 2016

it's was my first time and I love it my truck handle it like a champ

Monday, February 17, 2014

Pretty good hike with some really nice views. Mostly made for off-roading and biking but was still nice to hike with my two dogs. Not very difficult at all. It was pretty chilly early morning when we stopped for the sunrise so bring appropriate clothing.

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Boring on a mountain bike. The trail is basically a fire break/power line type trail that weaves through mountains east of the Cajon Pass. If you are interested in any single track/skill riding don't bother. If you are looking for a low skill trail with a great workout and stunning views, this might be the trail for you.