Cleghorn Mountain Loop Trail

Cleghorn Mountain Loop Trail is a 21.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near San Bernardino, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

off road driving

Had a fun time running this trail in my 2WD locked 4runner. Took about half the off-shoots, turned around on a few but still had a blast. Seems there are two listings for this trail, Cleghorn Loop and Cleghorn Ridge.

off road driving

This is a fun trail to be on. There a lot of off shoots to practice and learn how to off road but if you are not comfortable with that, then take the main trail. I did the trail in a 1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee with open diffs and the car handled the trail effortlessly. Also on the weekends the trail is kind of crowed so bear in mind that you may get stuck behind a group that takes up the whole trail.

fun trail but can get a little busy on the weekend. be mindful of oncoming traffic, don't go too fast. has side obstacles to try. it's fun to see all the jeeps do their thing.

Though the distance was long and incline was steady this was a fairly easy hike due to the wide dirt trail. The views were beautiful.

off road driving

great trail and trip this past Saturday 1 20 18 .... kids enjoyed the jeep 4x4 ride.

off road driving

This was my third time coming out. It’s a great Trail with easy and hard sections to choose from. Please don’t liter and help keep these trails clean for everyone’s enjoyment.

I drove in 6.5 miles on Forest road 2N49. Then hiked to Cajon Mnt then Sugar Pine Mnt and Baily peak, along with two other unnamed peaks. 14.5 miles hiked. Awesome viwes all around.

off road driving

Had a blast today went on this trail for the first time since I got my jeep

off road driving

Very cool trail, I would suggest a moderate lift. My Jeep Wrangler unlimited X with stock suspension made it but would have been little easier. Many off portions not for beginners. The trail will put you in uncomfortable positions.

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

sure it says moderate off road difficulty; however I know for a fact that if I had a 2WD & or stock suspension, I would been stuck at least twice. I warn any amateurs to be cautious and ready for a few oh shit moments. other than that, I made it out alive and had a great time..

Monday, September 19, 2016

My first time off-roading was on Cleghorn. Parts of the trail gets pretty narrow so expect some pinstriping from the local chaparral.

Sunday, July 17, 2016

it's was my first time and I love it my truck handle it like a champ

Monday, February 17, 2014

Pretty good hike with some really nice views. Mostly made for off-roading and biking but was still nice to hike with my two dogs. Not very difficult at all. It was pretty chilly early morning when we stopped for the sunrise so bring appropriate clothing.

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Boring on a mountain bike. The trail is basically a fire break/power line type trail that weaves through mountains east of the Cajon Pass. If you are interested in any single track/skill riding don't bother. If you are looking for a low skill trail with a great workout and stunning views, this might be the trail for you.

Wednesday, December 21, 2016