Did this on Aug 26, 2017. I couldn't get to the trailhead in my Honda Civic. After crossing 31, and right after another junction the road gets extremely sandy in places. I counted a total of 4 sandy patches to the trailhead from that point. However I did see.a Hyundai (normal passenger car) parked at the trailhead implying it's doable. I did not want to risk it. I parked at coordinates 46.30639, -122.09832. Waze takes you somewhere else for the Clear Creek Trailhead. Google maps was excellent for guidance. This made it a 20 mile R/T. I started at midnight and at 10400 ft encountered snow on the trail. I couldn't see how far the snow extended cause of night conditions. However, I went off trail as west (left) to skirt around the snow and head straight up. That worked except it makes it more difficult and then later I missed the switchbacks to the mushroom rock heading again straight up making it even more difficult. Note that none of the maps has the real switchbacks to the mushroom rock, but it's very visible in daylight. However all these made it a fun hike. I was the first to sign the register that day! On my way back I saw 4 more heading up and they were up from one of the Bolam routes.
When I started there were many bats circling me around the headlight eating insects that attracted the light.