Clark’s Grade to Big Bear

Clark’s Grade to Big Bear is a 17.5 mile lightly trafficked point-to-point trail located near Seven Oaks, California that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Point to Point

off road driving

A great alternative route to Big Bear during non-snow season. If you are going up the trail, small sections require four wheel drive. Coming down could be done with two wheel drive in a vehicle with good clearance. Dual sport motorcycles will find it a breeze.

off road driving

Gates locked a couple miles in

off road driving

This trail was really fun alternative way to get down the mountain! I would say 95% of the trail is easy, but there is one part about half way down that I would rate as hard. It is a very small section but can be hazardous if you don’t know what you are doing. I’m in a ‘06 4Runner 4x4 with a mild lift and good all terrain tires and I got sideways and began to tip. There isn’t really a way around this obstacle as it is at a tight hairpin turn at a fairly steep angle. 3 Jeeps made it down before me and they all took it very slow. I have only gone down this trail and not up so I’m not sure how difficult it is going up but I would imagine it would be challenging as well.

off road driving

Made this trail going up to Big Bear. Some parts are very rocky and it makes for slow going. I had a trail GPS and luckily it corrected some wrong turns that I made. I thought that the views were limited due to high walls and very thick bushes/tress.

off road driving

Very fun way to come down from big bear. Very scenic and takes around 2 hours. Not that many people on trail.

off road driving

We love taking this trail to and from Big Bear! It's loaded with great views, if you are going up the trail, small sections require four wheel drive. Coming down could be done with two wheel drive in a vehicle with good clearance. We've never tried it during the snow season, but I'm guessing it's closed then. Skip the highway and enjoy the views. If you were trekking or hiking it would be a long, but easily doable trek.