Claremont Hills Wilderness Trail

Claremont Hills Wilderness Trail is a 4.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Claremont, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

11 minutes ago

parking can be an issue at some times

Great work out !! Nice early in the am.

very nice. depending when you go it can get a little crowded.

Tried this trail for the first time and really liked it. I read other reviews that suggested to go left. That was a good call! The left has little to no shade and a greater incline. You'll appreciate the shade on the last leg of your run/hike. There is a fee to park $3 weekdays /$5 weekend and I saw staff checking car windows to see if they paid it not.

This is a great place for beginner to intermediate hikers. This is a higher traffic trail, but it still gives you a great taste for the wilderness.

Love this hike! Take my pitbull at least once a month. My favorite time to go is right before sunset. Great views of the valley and IE, on a clear day you can even see the LA skyline! Have seen many deer

My hike was in mid-July so I got on the trail by 7:00am to beat the heat.
This is a wide well maintained trail good for all types of hiking. Two pay-parking lots (upper and lower) are available just south of the trail head and can accommodate over 300 vehicles for a flat fee of $3.00 for 4 hours. I recommend beginning the trail on your left as you enter the gate from the upper parking lot. The trail will head towards the west for about one mile and then turn north for a mile. At the two-mile point you will have reached the pinnacle of the trail and the best is ahead! As you descend the remaking 2.7 miles, there will be an abundance of shade to enjoy as you finish up.

Fully exposed with little shade. Trail is well marked, clean and busy.

Nice workout. Went to the left, pretty good workout. Lots of other people but generally polite. Parking fee but totally worth it.

I have done this one several times and really enjoy it. It's more a family trail in my opinion than anything. Nothing too too strenuous but there are some parts of it that will get your blood flow going. A few friends and I decided we would run this about a month ago and while the young buck did the entire thing no sweat, the rest of us had to walk certain points. It's a great way to stay in shape though with just enough uphill and down. The views are great the entire time and the gazebo at the top makes for a good little resting spot.
I recommend taking the first left. Its a little more uphill at first but the last mile or two is easier and you'll get shade later on in the hike. Bring plenty of water!
Weekends are filled up so I recommend getting there early and there is a small fee for parking as well.
If you're bringing the pups, they are welcomed but make sure they are on a leash or the rangers will issue a ticket.

Hope you enjoy!

Go down Burbank Trail. It's more of a workout due to it being very steep.

Enjoyable day hike w/great scenery

The left side is harder to go up, but its rewarding at the end... you get shade on the way down.

Good climbing route...down hill wasn’t too technical but a little slippery.

Great little trek!

Great trail with a ton of hikers. Always feel safe here.

This was a pretty decent trail. My average mile was 18 minutes, which was hard to keep that pace with the hills. I am definitely going back :)

Great trail, will be back.

great views

I love this trail it’s a good workout it’s not hard, but it’s a good hike especially early in the morning! I love it!

Awesome trail. Well kept. Rest spots and restrooms are along the trail.

My bf and I love this trail! We tend to go on evenings after 4pm since we’ve had some lovely weather. Hasn’t been too hot. Anyways, just the other Friday after the trail opened back up, we saw a BEAR. Yep, just up 1.5 miles, not even that high up. I seen it from a distance, as it made its way down the mountain. That very instant I acted and we returned back down as fast as we could. But just a friendly reminder hike friends to STAY ALERT and AWARE of your surroundings at all times! HAPPY Hiking.

love this trail been coming here for years

A good conditioning hike.

Well maintained trail. Nice switchbacks. Gorgeous views. Great workout.

My best friend and I have hiked this trail twice. We are both decently active but this was my first time hiking since I was a kid so I’d consider myself a beginner. It’s $3 for 4 hours I think. We go counterclockwise which is about 2.5-3 miles uphill at first. It’s a pretty hard trail for beginners. We take a lot of 3 minute breaks on some benches provided and it ends up taking us two hours. We bring a backpack and fill it with 4-5 water bottles because there’s no shade and no water. We’ve gone both times in 90F weather, although the second time we went the clouds covered the sun and made it a lot more enjoyable. Decent views too! This is a good work out if you go counterclockwise. I weigh 130 and she weighs 150 so we burn about 650-750 calories each doing it. Bring sunscreen!

I really liked it is beautiful my dog did good. The people that were there were nice and no creepers

Love this trail as a “go to spot” while seeing our son at school nearby. Wife and I enjoy being able to put in 5 miles with a bit of elevation making it a nice workout. Weekends it is heavily trafficked with runners walkers hikers and mountain bikers but very wide trails and never an issue. Saw four deer at the start of the hike and have seen pretty birds flowers and reptiles (nothing dangerous) along the trails. Enjoy the loop!

Beautiful trail

Love this trail. Decent workout, lots of rest stops, there’s bathrooms along the way for those that need it. Love to see so many dogs out there. I wouldn’t take my kids but that’s cus they are whiny little people. I park at the further parking lot making my walk a little over 5.5 miles. Both times I’ve been there there’s been wildlife. First time there was deer and bears. Today there was a gopher snake... so be careful