Claremont Hills Wilderness Trail

Claremont Hills Wilderness Trail is a 4.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Claremont, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Easy - wide open trail. Very dog friendly. there are plenty of stops with shade from overhanging trees.

Be on the lookout for rattlesnakes - they are out and about, even in the winter. I saw one slither away, while letting my pup roam for a place to use the restroom.

Great trail! But closed due to red flag until 1/30/18

LOVE IT!!!

Great hike went a different route and loved it I know I will be sore tomorrow lol

I took the trail to the right, Corbal Canyon Trail, and I enjoyed the steady incline and mostly full sun leading to a solid workout and enjoyable hike!

Loved the trail it was perfect for me being a first timer! I disliked the crazy parking on Sunday but definitely worth it

Love the view

Beautiful views easy hike, moderate for kids

My husband and I recently moved to Claremont and were very surprised (and glad) that we would have parking access to this trail as residents. Note, for non residents you have to pay a parking fee. The parking fee is more expensive on the weekends than it is on the weekdays.

When we first went to this trail for the first two times, we ended up only doing 1 mile and 1.5 miles (and back) respectively. This was my husband's first time hiking, and I haven't gone hiking in a while and so we decided to take it easy. The third consecutive visit however, we finally completed the full trail! As many have mentioned, there are two routes to the main trail. Clockwise would be the Burbank Trail and counter-clockwise would be the Cobal Canyon Trail. On all occasions we went counter-clockwise, through the Cobal Canyon Trail.

The first two miles are probably going to be the most difficult with plenty of elevation gain. For beginners or inexperienced hikers, the elevation gain may come a little too fast in a short distance, so be prepared! The whole trail has plenty of sun, so I suggest bringing a cap or some sunglasses if you're sensitive. You are rewarded with a beautiful view at the peak - several of them, actually, and about 2.5 miles in, you can see a beautiful zigzag trail ahead. I think as soon as you reach halfway, regardless of which trail you choose, the second half of the hike should be much easier to complete because you'll now be descending back to the bottom of the trail.

The whole hike took us 2 hours to finish at a relaxed pace. About two miles in, there are several forks off of the main road that you can explore further, such as Potato Mountain. These will be great options to explore on our next visit to the trail. You will see plenty of babies on their parents' backs, strollers, and fur friends - the trail is very family and pet friendly, much like the city it is located in!

Sometimes a little crowded but a good jaunt

Good cardio but too crowded sometimes

great place run take some deep breaths enjoy the view and relieved stress.

Steep hills, don’t recommend going if it is super hot. Overall the trail is really nice, and mapped out.

Perfect for running if you like incline

Love this trail but get there earlier because there is not much shade.

Great hike here.

Claremont Loop is what I refer to as my training ground. Its great for first time hikers or anyone looking for a 90 minute workout. I honestly believe going left at the fork (Burbank Trail) is a better workout while other say heading right may be steeper. Their are restrooms and drinking fountains at the bottom of the trail. Bring a major credit card as parking is $3 during the week and $5 on weekends. This place is EXTREMELY busy on weekends especially during the summer months. Parking is very limited so arrive early. If you re looking for more elevation try heading to the right at the fork and go to Potato Mountain (8.8 mi Out and Back with 1999 elev).

This park was a great work out lots of steap hills.

One of my favorite hikes