Claremont Hills Wilderness Trail

Claremont Hills Wilderness Trail is a 4.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Claremont, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

great place run take some deep breaths enjoy the view and relieved stress.

Steep hills, don’t recommend going if it is super hot. Overall the trail is really nice, and mapped out.

Perfect for running if you like incline

Love this trail but get there earlier because there is not much shade.

Great hike here.

Claremont Loop is what I refer to as my training ground. Its great for first time hikers or anyone looking for a 90 minute workout. I honestly believe going left at the fork (Burbank Trail) is a better workout while other say heading right may be steeper. Their are restrooms and drinking fountains at the bottom of the trail. Bring a major credit card as parking is $3 during the week and $5 on weekends. This place is EXTREMELY busy on weekends especially during the summer months. Parking is very limited so arrive early. If you re looking for more elevation try heading to the right at the fork and go to Potato Mountain (8.8 mi Out and Back with 1999 elev).

This park was a great work out lots of steap hills.

One of my favorite hikes

Closed!! Until The 10th

Great trail. 5mi loop that has a great incline for your workout. The road is dirt and pretty wide and clear as hikers, walkers and bikers abound in this popular trail. Scenic views on a clear day even to downtown LA.

Fun but a little hard on my 3 and 4 year old. Not a lot of shade

regular hiking spot, not bad, moderate difficulty, views are okay, nothing too special. hike early to avoid sun heat. will come back for a good exercise.

If you burn easy take the loop to the right.

Great hike

Challenging hike with nice areas to jog or do sprints. I like going up the left side as it is more steep and I come down the same way once I reach the peak of the hike. Coming down the other way just takes too long...

I would consider this an easy hike. We went to the left and the first 2 miles had an incline, but after that it was a pleasant walk. We completed the hike in 2 hours with stopping to take pictures. There were mile markers at half mile increments and the trail/road was well maintained. We went on a Saturday morning so it was heavily trafficked. Pass the first parking lot so that you can park closer to the trailhead in the second lot. Parking costs $5 on the weekends. Beautiful hike!

I'd consider this an easy hike rather than moderate.... saw deer, many hummingbirds, wildflowers & lots of Portable potties! Super fun :)

***Two Parking Lots!***
Don't accidentally park at the lot 1/4 mile from the base. Drive all the way to the main lot (unlike me ;) )
Other than that it's a good trail. Big climb either direction you go. Coming back in it's a steep decline. Lots of traffic which I like for safety and lots of eyes.
Happy trails!

great for beginner's. Also great to run twice, just for fun.