Claremont Hills Wilderness Trail

Claremont Hills Wilderness Trail is a 4.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Claremont, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Nice workout. Went to the left, pretty good workout. Lots of other people but generally polite. Parking fee but totally worth it.

I have done this one several times and really enjoy it. It's more a family trail in my opinion than anything. Nothing too too strenuous but there are some parts of it that will get your blood flow going. A few friends and I decided we would run this about a month ago and while the young buck did the entire thing no sweat, the rest of us had to walk certain points. It's a great way to stay in shape though with just enough uphill and down. The views are great the entire time and the gazebo at the top makes for a good little resting spot.
I recommend taking the first left. Its a little more uphill at first but the last mile or two is easier and you'll get shade later on in the hike. Bring plenty of water!
Weekends are filled up so I recommend getting there early and there is a small fee for parking as well.
If you're bringing the pups, they are welcomed but make sure they are on a leash or the rangers will issue a ticket.

Hope you enjoy!

Go down Burbank Trail. It's more of a workout due to it being very steep.

Enjoyable day hike w/great scenery

The left side is harder to go up, but its rewarding at the end... you get shade on the way down.

Good climbing route...down hill wasn’t too technical but a little slippery.

Great little trek!

Great trail with a ton of hikers. Always feel safe here.

This was a pretty decent trail. My average mile was 18 minutes, which was hard to keep that pace with the hills. I am definitely going back :)

Great trail, will be back.

great views

I love this trail it’s a good workout it’s not hard, but it’s a good hike especially early in the morning! I love it!

Awesome trail. Well kept. Rest spots and restrooms are along the trail.

My bf and I love this trail! We tend to go on evenings after 4pm since we’ve had some lovely weather. Hasn’t been too hot. Anyways, just the other Friday after the trail opened back up, we saw a BEAR. Yep, just up 1.5 miles, not even that high up. I seen it from a distance, as it made its way down the mountain. That very instant I acted and we returned back down as fast as we could. But just a friendly reminder hike friends to STAY ALERT and AWARE of your surroundings at all times! HAPPY Hiking.

love this trail been coming here for years

A good conditioning hike.

Well maintained trail. Nice switchbacks. Gorgeous views. Great workout.

My best friend and I have hiked this trail twice. We are both decently active but this was my first time hiking since I was a kid so I’d consider myself a beginner. It’s $3 for 4 hours I think. We go counterclockwise which is about 2.5-3 miles uphill at first. It’s a pretty hard trail for beginners. We take a lot of 3 minute breaks on some benches provided and it ends up taking us two hours. We bring a backpack and fill it with 4-5 water bottles because there’s no shade and no water. We’ve gone both times in 90F weather, although the second time we went the clouds covered the sun and made it a lot more enjoyable. Decent views too! This is a good work out if you go counterclockwise. I weigh 130 and she weighs 150 so we burn about 650-750 calories each doing it. Bring sunscreen!

I really liked it is beautiful my dog did good. The people that were there were nice and no creepers

Love this trail as a “go to spot” while seeing our son at school nearby. Wife and I enjoy being able to put in 5 miles with a bit of elevation making it a nice workout. Weekends it is heavily trafficked with runners walkers hikers and mountain bikers but very wide trails and never an issue. Saw four deer at the start of the hike and have seen pretty birds flowers and reptiles (nothing dangerous) along the trails. Enjoy the loop!

Beautiful trail

Love this trail. Decent workout, lots of rest stops, there’s bathrooms along the way for those that need it. Love to see so many dogs out there. I wouldn’t take my kids but that’s cus they are whiny little people. I park at the further parking lot making my walk a little over 5.5 miles. Both times I’ve been there there’s been wildlife. First time there was deer and bears. Today there was a gopher snake... so be careful

It is good if you like incline and nothing to look at. There is no shade and very few things to sit on. It is basically in my mind a fire road that you are walking on with no real adventure.

Great hike, nice incline

Lovely hike with my pup and I. She loved seeing all of the lizards. I went counter-clockwise and felt the incline pretty deep in my calves. It was nice to finish the hike strong since the majority of the incline was in the beginning. Loved the balance of seeing other people on the trail but also feeling alone at times. Will definitely be back but during the week since the weekend must get really busy.

Great workout! definitely bring a water bottle, dog friendly .. hard to find parking though, has become a popular place to hike, happy to see people trying to stay active

great hiking, nice view

Great hike, nice views. I prefer going counter clockwise. You incline for about 3 miles instead of going clockwise where the incline is a shorter period and the rest is downhill. Easy hike though, you can finish in an hour or less if you keep a good pace

Love this trail and the views are gorgeous!!!

nice work out with first half of trail uphill and second half all downhill prefer going clockwise as it's a less steeper and more gradual climb, there's a nice stop at the top with shade and benches then when you're down, a nice canopy of shade trees to finish your hike, prefer to go places where there's free parking, but it's only 3 dollars week day so that's not too bad.