City View and Walnut Forest Trails

City View and Walnut Forest Trails is a 2.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Los Angeles, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips and is best used from October until May. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

nice walk in the park there are two ways to get up there a steep dirt way and a paved road very kid friendly

if you go early you can see all the turtles

I think we must have gone the wrong way as I don’t remember seeing a lake, haha. That said, the trail was pretty easy, wide and clean. More like hiking up a fire road than anything. The view was beautiful, though, as it was raining over DTLA. We were looking for a casual, low key stroll if you will and while it seemed a bit steep for a stroll, it definitely wasn’t intense in any way. If you want something quick and easy, with a great view, I’d recommend it!

My second time at this park. First time I took the paved trail all the way. This time I was in my boots and took the dirt trail that parallels the paved trail for the most part. I loved finding the interconnecting trails all over the hill. Only saw 4 or 5 others on the dirt trail - paved trail has much more traffic. Surprisingly lots to see up there.

Good trail... pretty easy with decent incline. Nice views.

It was a good walk

Great hike. 6.5 miles of fun. Free parking. Great views of Downtown Los Angeles!

This trail is great for running or a quick hike. Not crowded and easy to navigate. Will be back to see more of the pond area.

Great trail for dogs. Not too crowded but great views!

If you live close it is five stars.

End of this route is really slippery- recommend going around long way!

good work out just not long enough

Great little hike within the city, plenty of hill climbs and nice views of the lake and the city. Bring water and a hat for the sun.

good walk

Honestly, compared to other hikes you can drive to in this region; it sucks.

This place is so beautiful! It's filled with golden fields of wildflowers and a beautiful pond!

Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Went on a night hike, creepy. Very quiet though, did not encounter anyone else.

Saturday, March 11, 2017

Perfect for a quick morning hike (the shorter trails take 45 minutes round trip at a steady pace) or an afternoon meander (the longer trail that takes you completely around the hill is roughly 1.5hrs round trip). Some moderate incline spots, but those can be avoided for less steep options. This park has my vote for favorite view of downtown (and Catalina island in the distance on a clear day!).
Perfect for kids, dog walking, mountain biking. There's a cute pond at the top that makes you feel like you're suddenly in Louisiana.

Wednesday, February 08, 2017

came out here to do a quick hike with my pups, very quiet and peaceful. great view of DTLA and relaxing. only it's a little bit dirty or at least when I went.

Thursday, December 29, 2016

This is a nice local Trail between El Sereno and Highland Park. Some of the Trail is pavement and other parts are dirt. There are a lot of areas to explore and you can make your Hike short or long. We walked to the top and explored and then walked around the Lake and Park itself.

There is even a Hidden Park within the Park which is Kinda of Cool.

The Parking is Free. So enjoy a cool local location over looking the City.

Monday, December 19, 2016

Relaxing light hike with my son, beautiful clear day with a nice view of Catalina island in the distance!

Thursday, September 15, 2016

nice decent walk.

Wednesday, September 14, 2016

not sure why this says open October through May, it's open year round.
Also, the very end of this trail is not really a trail anymore and is extremely difficult to get down. it's very steep and rocky but also sandy so we were slipping the whole way. we learned this the hard way. Google maps correctly shows that this section of trail is no longer there/maintained but all trails doesn't. will definitely go back for the views and the pond but will need to alter how we get out of the park because the way all trails guides you is dangerous!

Friday, July 29, 2016

easy trail and nice views.

Saturday, June 18, 2016

A simple and exposed hike with solid views of DTLA and a nice pond at the top. Great as an early morning or late afternoon hike.

Sunday, June 05, 2016

We love this place !!! The pond is great too!!!

Saturday, June 04, 2016

Love it so peaceful and not many people!

Monday, May 30, 2016

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

My fave trail for years. I like to jog a few laps at the top, love the lake and view of downtown. I would definitely bring a buddy as there has been a lot of sketchy things happening around this area lately.

Monday, May 23, 2016

had hike here before, first time I saw lake. was nice