Citrus Interpretive Trail is a 1.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Riverside, California that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and bird watching and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.1 miles Elevation Gain: 98 feet Route Type: Loop

partially paved

From highway 91 (the Riverside Freeway), In the Arlington Heights area of Riverside. Exit Van Buren blvd, Go 2 miles south on Van Buren blvd untill you reach Duffin Avenue. The park is located on the west.

fee

Nice just to walk around and enjoy the view.

A nice easy hike with beautiful citrus trees. I enjoyed this hike with my dog.

usually very quiet and relaxing.

Wed May 16 2018

Easy trails with a great views. Beautiful Spring flowers.

Sat Feb 24 2018

Gotta pay $5 for parking but was worth it. All kinds of delicious fruits. Beautiful scenery. Very peaceful

Mon Feb 12 2018

Family friendly, for all ages! Our little ones loved this hike and we got to sample oranges at the museum! Pack a picnic and take advantage of all the picnic tables and enjoy the day with your family

Sat Nov 18 2017

Toddler friendly, main path is paved almost the entire way. Very easy, quick and relaxing. Toddler was able to safely explore, he did about 80 % on his own.

Tue Jan 10 2017

This trail is a leisure trail to enjoy the scenery. I suggest you bring a bagged lunch and walk to the top of the Orange Grove. The view is amazing. If you sign up for the walking tour you'll get to being home a bag of mixed limes and oranges.

Thu Aug 04 2016

This is more of a walk around the park type of place. It's beautiful and for $5 every Saturday at 10am you can get a tour where they give you a bag and you can fill it up with as much citrus fruit as you want. The guides are adorable and very nice. It's worth going for a nice walk.

Tue Apr 26 2016

Beautiful place to walk around in, but I really like more of a hike than a walk in the park.

Sun Apr 03 2016

Great time as we walked between the orange trees with the smell of orange blossoms so sweet, georgous views of Riverside and the mountains.

Wed Feb 03 2016

It was beautiful! I went in January . The views were awesome. I saw a lot of birds and a coyote. I really enjoyed it.

Sun Dec 13 2015

Great place

Thu Jul 16 2015

Great open spaces and educational to local history

Wed Oct 08 2014

Off the beaten path, tremendous historical value, great place to relax, far removed from traffic, look for wildlife and birds. Maps at gazebo, park ranger on site, greenery galore, well maintained, breathtaking vistas, dogs allowed, restrooms, water fountains, and benches. Best place to picnic and take pictures!

Sun Jun 29 2014

Nice easy trail from the visitor center to the Sunkist Center. Has some nice views. Pretty empty. I took my dog and boyfriend and both easily accomplished the walk

Sat Mar 08 2014

This is a very nice place to bring the kids and have a picnic lunch and see and smell all the orange trees. I will be going back againl

Sun Dec 08 2013

I took my son on a great Sunday stroll. He was able to walk most of the distance, but I brought his stroller just in case. Most of the trail is paved/concrete and the parts that were packed earth still easily accommodated a stroller. The museum and gift shop added to the experience. Although I did not buy anything, the store volunteer answered my many question on the different types of citrus plants. He also gave my son and I a sample of their first batch of Christmas mandarins. Fantastic!

Tue May 14 2013

This park was wonderful. Very easy trails, I took my 2 year old with me and she walked the entire trail. There is a sidewalk that covers most of the park to the picnic area, which was also awesome, so I took the stroller just in case my kid needed it. Will be doing this again.

Wed Apr 24 2013

Nice little walk.. Even tooky puppy along

Thu Mar 15 2012

This is an easy trail with great smells. The citrus is abundant. We went into the museum building first before the hike. I recommend that you do this so you can see what is happening within the park currently and in the future. The staff is helpful and knowledgeable.

Thu Mar 08 2012

nice little trip with baby

Tue Jun 14 2011

Every time we come to California Citrus we always walk this trail. It has outstanding views of the Citrus Groves to the right and to the left you can see the visitor center and Van Buren Avenue.