Citrus Interpretive Trail

Citrus Interpretive Trail is a 1.2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Riverside, California that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

From highway 91 (the Riverside Freeway), In the Arlington Heights area of Riverside. Exit Van Buren blvd, Go 2 miles south on Van Buren blvd untill you reach Duffin Avenue. The park is located on the west.

This trail is a leisure trail to enjoy the scenery. I suggest you bring a bagged lunch and walk to the top of the Orange Grove. The view is amazing. If you sign up for the walking tour you'll get to being home a bag of mixed limes and oranges.

Sunday, September 11, 2016

Thursday, August 04, 2016

This is more of a walk around the park type of place. It's beautiful and for $5 every Saturday at 10am you can get a tour where they give you a bag and you can fill it up with as much citrus fruit as you want. The guides are adorable and very nice. It's worth going for a nice walk.

Thursday, July 14, 2016

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Beautiful place to walk around in, but I really like more of a hike than a walk in the park.

Sunday, April 03, 2016

Great time as we walked between the orange trees with the smell of orange blossoms so sweet, georgous views of Riverside and the mountains.

Sunday, February 28, 2016

Wednesday, February 03, 2016

It was beautiful! I went in January . The views were awesome. I saw a lot of birds and a coyote. I really enjoyed it.

Sunday, December 13, 2015

Great place

Thursday, July 16, 2015

Great open spaces and educational to local history

Thursday, May 28, 2015

Wednesday, October 08, 2014

Off the beaten path, tremendous historical value, great place to relax, far removed from traffic, look for wildlife and birds. Maps at gazebo, park ranger on site, greenery galore, well maintained, breathtaking vistas, dogs allowed, restrooms, water fountains, and benches. Best place to picnic and take pictures!

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Nice easy trail from the visitor center to the Sunkist Center. Has some nice views. Pretty empty. I took my dog and boyfriend and both easily accomplished the walk

Saturday, March 08, 2014

This is a very nice place to bring the kids and have a picnic lunch and see and smell all the orange trees. I will be going back againl

Sunday, December 08, 2013

I took my son on a great Sunday stroll. He was able to walk most of the distance, but I brought his stroller just in case. Most of the trail is paved/concrete and the parts that were packed earth still easily accommodated a stroller. The museum and gift shop added to the experience. Although I did not buy anything, the store volunteer answered my many question on the different types of citrus plants. He also gave my son and I a sample of their first batch of Christmas mandarins. Fantastic!

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

This park was wonderful. Very easy trails, I took my 2 year old with me and she walked the entire trail. There is a sidewalk that covers most of the park to the picnic area, which was also awesome, so I took the stroller just in case my kid needed it. Will be doing this again.

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Nice little walk.. Even tooky puppy along