China Flat Trail

China Flat Trail is a 5.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Oak Park, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Nice hike. little bit of a workout at the beginning, but once you get to the top, totally mellow. Great views

Recommend having an app like this or AllTrails for reference on the hike. We missed a turn off the trail- a bit tough and uphill to recover. Saw quail on this venture.

Excellent to Simi Peak

Great views. Luckily found a cloudy day to hike since there's not much shade along the trail normally.

Hiked up to Similar Peak offered 360 degree panorama, few shaded area

wonderful views, great hike wasn't too bad if you're an avid hiker.

I'll be back to it.

Great hike, great views.

Friday, January 13, 2017

Did this with a bunch of my friends definitely recommend to hike when it's cloudy so you don't get to hot climbing up the higher you go the colder so be ready for some chills and always have a hiking buddy and plenty of water when you go

Monday, July 18, 2016

Nice but no shade. Great hike with nice views.

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

My home trail.. So cool to have this trail 5 minutes from my house.. a great workout..challenging as you want to make it..

Sunday, April 17, 2016

This is a trail that we used to hike from our house. There are remains of an old cattle ranch at the top and a small lake when the water table is up. We've seen deer up here several times. Bring plenty of water as there isn't much shade.

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

I can see why this is rated moderate, as some short, rocky inclines were challenging in the summer heat - but on a cool morning I can imagine this trail being on the easy side. Beautiful views, not crowded, will hike it again.

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Very pretty.! Moderte elevation. Great for a quick weekend hike.Im glad I climb it.!

Saturday, May 10, 2014

With the exception on 3 or 4 tall bushes, there is no shade so it is advised to bring plenty of water and apply sunscreen beforehand. It doesn't get too hot because of the wind. I would say average hiker appropriate because of some stress on your legs do to the elevation. You can make a full circle or even connect to Simi Valley but it is long.

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Certainly lots of sun. Trail wasn't super well marked but with the map it wasn't bad. Good hike overall if you go early enough in the morning.

Monday, March 24, 2014

The ride up was very demanding, very technical. If you've climbed Chumash and Long Canyon...combine the two and you get China Flat Trail. The descent made it all worth it. Glad I rode it during this time of year..probably won't be a ride I would do past 9am in the summer. Hot.

Monday, March 10, 2014

this is a beautiful spot you will share with mountain bikers. the meadows are stunning, green (springtime) and you will have many options. you can take it all the way to the chesboro trail or up to Simi Peak. love this area. its not at all challenging but a wonderful mellow hike.

Friday, January 03, 2014

I'm a novice hiker so I found this hike challenging but fun. Its a steady 2.0 mile climb to the flats. Rocky and uneven terrain with beautiful views. I loved it. I continued on walking past the flats towards agoura hills and then turned around. Bring plenty of water and wear good shoes. Enjoy

Monday, July 29, 2013

Steady climb at the beginning for about 1.5 miles then you will reach the flats. There are a few turn offs that aren't marked so if you are trying to make it to Simi Peak, have a printout map so you know where to go. Not recommended in the heat, not much shade. I found it a little boring. Lots of mountain bikers, but they are all so polite that it was such a pleasure to share the trail.