Carmichael Trail is a 1.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Seacliff, California that features a great forest setting and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I love that I can hike in Nisene Marks between or after classes at Cabrillo thanks to this trail. There are also lots of little wide trails weaving through the trees where I can let my dog run and play without even going into Nisene. The OP entered the park by continuing up Danube Dr. and, at the fork, taking the left side road with the yellow gate. When you get to the first turn in the road, look on the right side of the road and the trail continues through a little redwood grove, along the bottom of the road on the hillside and then down into the park. Alternatively, instead of walking up Danube drive from where Carmichael spits you out, look down the road to your right and you will see a sign for Nisene Marks. There is a park entrance there as well, as a reviewer below me mentioned. This one is faster to the creek and main part of Lower Nisene.

Monday, September 11, 2017

A short trail that runs through a mixed oak woodland. Does not seems to be a very well known trail, as I didn't see another person the entire time I was on the trail. There are mountain lion warning signs posted at both ends of the trail. I'm not sure how real the threat is, but since I was hiking alone, I turned my music on, on my phone so I was making more noise as to not surprise a lion, that may have been nearby. While this trail isn't the most exciting, for those who don't know it actually leads you to a kind of secret entrance of Nisene Marks. Once the trail hits Kamian Way, cross the street and continue north behind the homes on the east side of the trail. After about 2 or 3 minutes of walking the trail ends at Mesa Grande Rd. Look to your right and you'll see the entrance to Nisene Marks on the other side of the road, via the Vienna Woods trail. If nothing else, this trail just serves as a good pathway into Nisene Marks.

Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Single lane trail. Not much to see. Covered. Leads to private property. Shorter than expected.