Charmichael Trail

Charmichael Trail is a 1.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Seacliff, California that features a great forest setting and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

A short trail that runs through a mixed oak woodland. Does not seems to be a very well known trail, as I didn't see another person the entire time I was on the trail. There are mountain lion warning signs posted at both ends of the trail. I'm not sure how real the threat is, but since I was hiking alone, I turned my music on, on my phone so I was making more noise as to not surprise a lion, that may have been nearby. While this trail isn't the most exciting, for those who don't know it actually leads you to a kind of secret entrance of Nisene Marks. Once the trail hits Kamian Way, cross the street and continue north behind the homes on the east side of the trail. After about 2 or 3 minutes of walking the trail ends at Mesa Grande Rd. Look to your right and you'll see the entrance to Nisene Marks on the other side of the road, via the Vienna Woods trail. If nothing else, this trail just serves as a good pathway into Nisene Marks.

Single lane trail. Not much to see. Covered. Leads to private property. Shorter than expected.