Chaparral, Ridge, and Stewartville Loop

Chaparral, Ridge, and Stewartville Loop is a 2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Antioch, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 2.0 miles Elevation Gain: 554 feet Route Type: Loop

Beautiful scenery and diverse plant life. Picnic tables, water and restrooms available. There is a parking fee to access the preserve.

The views are amazing, wild flowers and just gorgeous rocky paths. A joy !

This was a pretty good hike. Definitely moderate on the difficulty scale due to the little ascents. I suggest doing this loop exactly as it’s named: Starting with the Chaparral Trail, uphill to the Ridge Trail, where it continues to ascend in parts, then downhill on the Stewartville Trail. Ascending the rocky chaparral trail is best to do it first( in a counterclockwise direction), rather than starting on the Stewartville Trail, since it’s easier to find footing going uphill on this rocky and slick trail. I think it’d be harder descending this rocky part of the loop. Views are very nice at the top! And we even passed some wild turkeys!

Saturday, March 31, 2018

As a fit hiker, I would not categorize this hike as easy. It starts with a gentle to medium climb on Stewartville trail with views of the rolling hills and without shade. Ridge trail gets a big steeper with amazing views of the valley and Suisun Bay. Chaparral Loop trail is about 50% in the shade and is on mostly rock slab which can be slick and tough to gain a foothold heading downhill in some places. The terrain and view on this trail is very different from the trail up. This is a good time of the year to enjoy the green rolling hills. Trails are well marked.

Sunday, March 25, 2018

This trail is super fun! I brought my 4 year old niece w us and she did great! She did get tired towards the end and after she knocked out in the car lol... but, for people starting hiking, I would suggest it. I’m not in that great of shape and new to hiking and it’s a good starter trail.

Tuesday, March 06, 2018

The incline and rough terrain are a bit much to be considered easy. No strollers. Very petty hike and doable if you’re not avoiding inclines (my health app said we climbed 27 floors).

Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Awesome for families and pets! Great view points and panoramic views. Highly suggest for all ages and fitness levels

Sunday, November 12, 2017

My kids and I favorite trail here ❤️

Monday, October 24, 2016

Good short hike for the winter months with good views and small hills that most people can do. Hard to believe the 1st time I did it was in '06. Once you get there there are many other options to stretch out your hike.

Sunday, August 26, 2018