Chaparral Loop Trail

Chaparral Loop Trail is a 1.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Somersville, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Beautiful scenery and diverse plant life. Picnic tables, water and restrooms available. There is a parking fee to access the preserve.

As a fit hiker, I would not categorize this hike as easy. It starts with a gentle to medium climb on Stewartville trail with views of the rolling hills and without shade. Ridge trail gets a big steeper with amazing views of the valley and Suisun Bay. Chaparral Loop trail is about 50% in the shade and is on mostly rock slab which can be slick and tough to gain a foothold heading downhill in some places. The terrain and view on this trail is very different from the trail up. This is a good time of the year to enjoy the green rolling hills. Trails are well marked.

This trail is super fun! I brought my 4 year old niece w us and she did great! She did get tired towards the end and after she knocked out in the car lol... but, for people starting hiking, I would suggest it. I’m not in that great of shape and new to hiking and it’s a good starter trail.

The incline and rough terrain are a bit much to be considered easy. No strollers. Very petty hike and doable if you’re not avoiding inclines (my health app said we climbed 27 floors).

Awesome for families and pets! Great view points and panoramic views. Highly suggest for all ages and fitness levels

My kids and I favorite trail here ❤️

Monday, October 24, 2016

Good short hike for the winter months with good views and small hills that most people can do. Hard to believe the 1st time I did it was in '06. Once you get there there are many other options to stretch out your hike.

Wednesday, June 14, 2017