Champion Lodgepole Bluff Mesa Trail

Champion Lodgepole Bluff Mesa Trail is a 5.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Big Bear City, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from February until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Took this hike yesterday with my dogs. NOT DOG FRIENDLY. There is only parking on the busy narrow lanes of hwy 18 that you have to cross without any crosswalks to get to the trail head. I wouldnt consider it very kid friendly either. If you do take your dog I would suggest leaving little dogs at home. The first mile is pretty much just rock steps and my dachshund had a rough time. The trail after that is pretty decent, however the trail ends before the lake and just turns into a road that people speed down and round corners NOT SAFE.

Fun hike. About two hours round trip without stopping. Good mile at least of it is flat at the top. First 1.5 miles is the roughest.

Monday, October 17, 2016

Saturday, October 08, 2016

I'll come back in spring. The lake is beautiful.

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

my family hiked around Bluff lake and found Ranger Charlie. We learned about the history and saw the 440 year old Champion lodge pole. We drove into parking lot and did not hike from Big bear Blvd. we came to see the preserve. it was amazing in June.

Sunday, June 12, 2016

Saturday, June 04, 2016

Sunday, May 22, 2016

Thursday, August 01, 2013

Monday, May 27, 2013

Sweet smooth hike, not sure how this rated as moderate no steep inclines or rocky trails. Nice marked trails with plenty of small wildlife to keep you company. We hiked this trail with two little kids 3 yr and 7 yr old they did great and had fun. We went past the lodge pole for a while to see more and came around the bend to a Black Bear chillin against the tree who didn't care about us and we let him be. Had two bucks jump the road in front of us as we drove out as well. Nice days great memories.

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Loved loved loved this trail! The road to get there is pretty rough so we actually parked the car (use adventure pass!) and walked down to the trail head. It was the middle of the week when we went, so the road and trail was completely empty. Very relaxing and beautiful. Thumbs up!