Challenger Park Loop

Challenger Park Loop is a 1.2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Simi Valley, California that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Sunday, June 12, 2016

Lovely. I did an out and back of 3 miles total. The trails, for the most part, are nicely groomed. There are only a few moments where the footing takes some being careful. It's hilly but it's a doable workout.

Great views of Long Canyon, west Simi and Bridle Path.

Thursday, March 17, 2016

Great workout but this part of challenger is not very scenic

Saturday, February 27, 2016

Nice hike if you're short in time. Keep heading southeast if you have more time and energy to spend (lots of trails here). Good mix of incline and level walking. Not too crowded-- just have to watch for the road apples (horse droppings). I think the park service may clear the pathway occasionally as one week sections were pretty heavily covered in droppings and nearly clear a week later.

Friday, February 12, 2016

Friday, November 20, 2015

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Sunday, March 29, 2015

Saturday, March 28, 2015

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Pretty fun area with lots of trails. Good place for family and friends. For beginner to amateur riders. Depending on what kind of riding you like to do.

Saturday, January 31, 2015

Thank you to whoever groomed out the winter ruts! Much love. #happymtb

Saturday, January 31, 2015

Thank you to whoever groomed the trail and removed the winter ruts! Much love. #happymtb

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Sunday, May 04, 2014

I like being able to approach from either side. One is steeper than the other but both climbs have their challenges and both downhills will delight. The small amount of shade at the bottom is nice before and after the climb. Saturday morning early and only one other seen on the trail. This trail is short and sweet.

Friday, February 21, 2014

I just need to update this~ I've been doing this hike a few times a week for 2 months, I have wandered thru these hills and have found even more trails to follow. I spend hours exploring this terrain, and it hasn't dissapointed yet. My dog and I love this area, for our 'close to home' weekday hikes!

Saturday, January 11, 2014

this is a fun easy hike. it's a go to hike for me during the weekdays, as it's in the neighborhood I live in. I do like the uphills ~ 2 fairly steep ones, get the heart pumping!

Saturday, November 09, 2013

Good for a quick hike. If you're feeling adventurous go under the fence at the top and really get up there for a nice view of Simi. Not really challenging except for the one incline in the beginning.

Sunday, August 11, 2013