Cerro San Luis Obispo Loop Trail

Cerro San Luis Obispo Loop Trail is a 3.9 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near San Luis Obispo, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 3.9 miles Elevation Gain: 1,036 feet Route Type: Loop

Great loop. Gets a little rocky coming down from the summit.

great hike did it 1hr 45 min long way up and fire trail down the other side....

highly trafficked, but it is gorgeous from the top. avoid midday as the air is usually thick and hot.

Nice trail. Close to town and easy to stop by for a quick hour hike or longer. Love this trail.

Great hike, great work out. The trail head is about 1.0 down a narrow, curvy entrance road, be prepared to pay $10 to park and it is monitored with an onsite manager, worth price to see the view from the top...gorgeous!!!

Second time hiking this. Didn’t hike to be top this time, just around. North side had quite a bit of muddy/wet areas but doable if you’ve got got shoes on and aren’t afraid of getting a little muddy.

Great view and fun hike! I made a bit of a deviation from going to the top but a helpful couple told me how to get up there so I added abt .6 to the final hike. Beautiful view especially this time of year!

Went during recent rains.... refreshing trail but needs a break from the rain. Ruts and Rocks just waiting to crank an ankle... if you’re running.... but other than that.... so awesome when all you see is green and water everywhere.... Sweet! Seems like cows or people have provided plenty of options for off-shoots...allowing the ability to elongate these trails without bushwhacking and still remaining on trail.

Great hike come early morning because it’s gets packed with hikers

Great view from the top, and we got to walk through a field of cows which I liked

Really Good Workout.

Great hike today. Wide trails

Good hike, my 13 year old dog was able to reach the tippy top with me. We went clockwise and were bombarded with high noon sun... hike would have been a little easier if it weren’t for the heat (still not too bad, late October). The hike down was mostly shade.

Mostly doing flat land trails in Austin this is fantastic change. Beautiful views all the way up, if no marine layer obviously. I've seen folks from 6 to 86 on this trail. As a side note, I lost my wallet on the trail. After realizing later, we went back and found it by a billboard fully intact. Folks here are top notch. As a plus, multiple breweries within 2 miles once you're done. Enjoy!

Such a fun trail! Great views at the top, and lots of fun things to play on. I had to keep an eye out for mountain bikers, but they were very respectful in sharing the trails. Its not too strenuous, but still enough to feel like you got a workout. I really enjoyed this loop.

Good hike not hard the elevation gain is spread out over two miles. It was overcast the day I hiked so I didn’t have much of a view from the top.

Friday, August 03, 2018

Great afternoon hike! Most is on a clearly defined, wide trail, although there are smaller paths if you want. It is worth hiking to the very top (there is a pole to define it). Great overview of SLO!

Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Wonderful and peaceful hike.

Friday, May 18, 2018

This is my go to hike in SLO. I love it. Beautiful view from the top and good workout.

Thursday, April 12, 2018

One of our family’s favorite hikes! Our seven year old makes it to the top by herself almost every time but our five year old needs assistance. The trail is wide enough for a BOB stroller (speaking from experience). Also a great trail to take your dog just don’t forget their leash. The views are amazing and worth the work. There is a stage at the top which a wonderful place to have a picnic before you head back down.

Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Great morning run for some climbs. I recommend running counterclockwise so you can climb the technicals and descend a wider path. Also against the flow of mountain bikers so you can see or hear them coming on their sweet downhill run.

Sunday, February 25, 2018

Great hike

Friday, February 23, 2018

I go here at least once a week, if you use the fire trail it’s about two miles to the top from the parking near the highway entrance .

Monday, January 01, 2018

Good hike with nice views and challenging at times.

Saturday, October 28, 2017

Always a favorite

Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Love this trail great views.

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Decent hike!

Sunday, July 02, 2017

Really nice views. rocky in places. Split in trails not always well marked.

Saturday, April 29, 2017

Good sister hike to Bishops Peak, a bit less difficult to manage.