Cerro San Luis Obispo Loop Trail

Cerro San Luis Obispo Loop Trail is a 3.9 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near San Luis Obispo, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Lemon grove loop trail is 2.20 mile trail located near San Luis Obispo, California. The trail is primarily used for hiking.

Great view and fun hike! I made a bit of a deviation from going to the top but a helpful couple told me how to get up there so I added abt .6 to the final hike. Beautiful view especially this time of year!

Went during recent rains.... refreshing trail but needs a break from the rain. Ruts and Rocks just waiting to crank an ankle... if you’re running.... but other than that.... so awesome when all you see is green and water everywhere.... Sweet! Seems like cows or people have provided plenty of options for off-shoots...allowing the ability to elongate these trails without bushwhacking and still remaining on trail.

Great hike come early morning because it’s gets packed with hikers

Great view from the top, and we got to walk through a field of cows which I liked

Really Good Workout.

Great hike today. Wide trails

Good hike, my 13 year old dog was able to reach the tippy top with me. We went clockwise and were bombarded with high noon sun... hike would have been a little easier if it weren’t for the heat (still not too bad, late October). The hike down was mostly shade.

Mostly doing flat land trails in Austin this is fantastic change. Beautiful views all the way up, if no marine layer obviously. I've seen folks from 6 to 86 on this trail. As a side note, I lost my wallet on the trail. After realizing later, we went back and found it by a billboard fully intact. Folks here are top notch. As a plus, multiple breweries within 2 miles once you're done. Enjoy!

Such a fun trail! Great views at the top, and lots of fun things to play on. I had to keep an eye out for mountain bikers, but they were very respectful in sharing the trails. Its not too strenuous, but still enough to feel like you got a workout. I really enjoyed this loop.

Good hike not hard the elevation gain is spread out over two miles. It was overcast the day I hiked so I didn’t have much of a view from the top.

Great afternoon hike! Most is on a clearly defined, wide trail, although there are smaller paths if you want. It is worth hiking to the very top (there is a pole to define it). Great overview of SLO!

Wonderful and peaceful hike.

This is my go to hike in SLO. I love it. Beautiful view from the top and good workout.

One of our family’s favorite hikes! Our seven year old makes it to the top by herself almost every time but our five year old needs assistance. The trail is wide enough for a BOB stroller (speaking from experience). Also a great trail to take your dog just don’t forget their leash. The views are amazing and worth the work. There is a stage at the top which a wonderful place to have a picnic before you head back down.

Great morning run for some climbs. I recommend running counterclockwise so you can climb the technicals and descend a wider path. Also against the flow of mountain bikers so you can see or hear them coming on their sweet downhill run.

Great hike

Friday, February 23, 2018

I go here at least once a week, if you use the fire trail it’s about two miles to the top from the parking near the highway entrance .

Monday, January 01, 2018

Good hike with nice views and challenging at times.

Saturday, October 28, 2017

Always a favorite

Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Love this trail great views.

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Decent hike!

Sunday, July 02, 2017

Really nice views. rocky in places. Split in trails not always well marked.

Saturday, April 29, 2017

Good sister hike to Bishops Peak, a bit less difficult to manage.

Friday, April 07, 2017

This trail gives you a wonderful workout. Really working your legs as the trail is uphill and rocky.

The views even halfway up the trail are beautiful.

Saturday, April 01, 2017

very nice.. a little hard but not horrible.... recc teens and adults only though

Sunday, March 19, 2017

Great hike , awesome views

Wednesday, March 01, 2017

Awesome hike.beautiful. Some what difficult. Great place to take picnic on the summit.

Saturday, February 11, 2017

There are a couple different options on this particular trail. We missed taking the main trail all the way to the top. But will definitely come back to do that part! We did end up taking the trail to the "M", which wasn't too far in, nor too steep in my opinion. Because it's been raining the trail was a little muddy in some areas. However, because of the rain, the views overlooking the mountains and city of San Luis Obispo where amazingly lush! We also had the joy of coming across two small waterfalls, one on the way to the "M" and another on the way to the Lemon Grove trail. There is also a side trail towards the bottom, that goes a little off the main trail, where we came across a little cactus ravine with a small stream running through it. So many things to see and take in. It was a nice adventure.

Friday, December 23, 2016

Good hike to stretch your legs out, especially since getting there from 101 and hopping back on can be done in a quick second. Beautiful views of Morro Bay and Pismo as you get to the top! First half gets the heart pumping, but it's nothing strenuous. Lots of small rocks on the path and prickly pear off the path on the way up.

Wednesday, October 12, 2016