Cave Landing and Pirate's Cove from Shell Beach

Cave Landing and Pirate's Cove from Shell Beach is a 2.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Pismo Beach, California that features a cave and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

beach

cave

25 minutes ago

Nice hike, especially with the cool, cloudy day. Some steep areas. My kids hiked it easily, though my dog was too fat to easily get down the rocks to the beach. Great views. Lots of trash, and too many people didn't pick up after their dogs.

Pirates cove gets the kewl points but super chill walk

Nice hike! Took my kids (5 and 11) and they were able to easily make it. We loved the cave!

Beautiful place. Some litter at a Pirates Cove and graffiti. Fantastic views and pleasant walk. Not steep.

A bit hot today and the cave was filled with broken glass. The ropes with knots helped the kids get down to the beach with was fun and an adventure for all. The smokers and nudist on the beach were a little traumatic for the kids but offered some valuable teaching moments.

Quick fun trail

Short hike with great view of beach activities. Some of the hike is paved, but most is dirt access road and finally beach access trail.

Beautiful views, not too crowded when I did it a few months ago. Agree with the other reviews, parking can be sketch, litter etc. But not so much I wouldn't go again!

Fun and easy hike, good for a small family adventure.

The hike was nice ... lots of poison oak and lots of litter

pretty good hike that's close to my house in pismo! can't beat that or the views! def plan on doing this again

Average, easy trail. Some old road asphalt and pretentious "get off my street" signs. Parking access is sketchy on Avila side, and trash is prevelant.

Monday, November 07, 2016

A great hike especially for beginners, nice views until you get to the cave (garbage and graffiti) but there's plenty of other areas to explore.

Friday, October 14, 2016

Good place to walk small dogs

Thursday, August 25, 2016

Beautiful beach. Cave had quite a lot of litter but hike was very pleasant.

Friday, June 10, 2016

Trash on trail and graffiti on and in the cave. Was beautiful at one point before the trash and graffiti.

Friday, May 06, 2016

A favorite short hike. Lovely views, nice breezes, that great cave. Along with others, I am bothered by the amount of trash I see here. I suggest that every time we hike here we pick up just one thing, and that we suggest this to other hikers. That way the angels who do major cleanups won't have to be alone with it.

Thursday, April 21, 2016

Beautiful hike, cave was amazing, nudist beach. Wish people would pick up their trash.

Monday, March 28, 2016

Perfect walk between Easter dinner and desert. Gorgeous view and just enough of a challenge for my first hike 2 weeks post total knee replacement. I walked the paved part, the family completed the entire trail and we all loved it ! Can't wait to go again, next time all the way...