Caswell Short Loop Trail

Caswell Short Loop Trail is a 1.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Ripon, California that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

Family-friendly short shaded trail for serenity and a peek or two of the river at Caswell Memorial State Park. The River Bend trail offers a flat windy walk in this riparian habitat. There are a few overlook points that allow visitors to take a peek over the river bends, and part of the trail is ADA accessible. There are a few benches at the junction area with the Gray Fox Trail marking the end of 0.25-mile ADA accessibility, and one has the option to take the extra loop around the 0.4-mile Crow's Loop Trail.

I love Caswell. Great pic setting and easy for the kiddos to follow.

shady trails. beautiful walk!

we see see see ss are are ads sees as e see e ad s adds adds s add adds eff s see see s add sw@

The trail was probably really nice, however I had to rush through it because the moment I stepped on the trail, I was swarmed by a bunch of mosquitoes! They were buzzing and biting me the entire trail, I even had to start running down the trail to get away at one point, it was so bad. Definitely bring bug spray if you want to be able to enjoy this trail. The mosquitoes even followed me inside my car, I had to kill several as I was driving away!

This is a nice little trail that also connects with the other, longer trails in the park. I was the only one in the park during my visit. It was a nice hike.

arrived and then left.... costs to park. no thsnks

Perfect for family. Easy, nice scenery.
Only negative would be the $10.00 fee to enter park.

Sunday, November 13, 2016

The Mosquitoes ruined it! Like they were hunting in packs

Friday, September 23, 2016

Sunday, July 24, 2016

Thanks to the drought anywhere you go around here is dry and less beautiful than It's full potential right now. But if you're anything like me, sometimes it's less about the hike, or the view at the end. Sometimes you just need to get out, away from people, and the hustle and bustle of life. This park is only 15 minutes from my house, and is perfect for those days that I just need a break. I don't know that there is such a thing as a "beautiful view" in ripon, so for what is it, I like it! Very easy! (Both of the trails at that park get the same review, because to me, they are the Same.)

Sunday, May 08, 2016

Friday, January 29, 2016

We were a family with 5 kids with us, they all really liked it and it was a great easy trail. When we were there the road was closed going to the trail head so it took us a while to find the trail. We also didn't make the whole loop as a tree had fallen and blocked the path, easy enough to climb over it but I had a baby in a carrier. Beautiful scenery, very quiet, it was just what we needed. Area wasn't super well maintained, I'm assuming because it was the winter.

Friday, January 08, 2016

Sunday, November 29, 2015

For a nice quick local place to walk/hike this worked well. You can finish the whole park within 2 hours. I enjoyed the scenery and the trails. It does cost $10 since it's a state park, but I was ok with it. I would Definately recommend if looking for something quick and local.

Monday, October 05, 2015

I got hit in the head with an acorn here and literally saw stars lol. We also saw a fox, which was the highlight of the day. The trails were kinda hard to find and over grown. There's not much to see here, but a nice sandy shore. Wouldn't pay $10 though...