Cascade Falls Trail

Cascade Falls Trail is a 1.4 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Tahoma, California that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Nice trail above Cascade Lake with great views of Emerald Bay and Cascade Lake. Fun exploring for kids at the top of the falls. Kid and dog friendly.

Very moderate trail. Best to do it morning as there is no shade. Falls still good this time of year but best late spring.

Beautiful easy hike to the falls, once you get to the top it's a lot of walking over rocks and creating your own path. The falls are beautiful this time of year.

More than expected

Did this with our 4, 8 and 10 yr old kids. Gorgeous hike to the top of Cascade Falls. They all loved it and it was quite manageable. We had to carry our 4yo old out, but we spent a long time playing and exploring up top - had we shortened that time he would have been fine.

Awesome trail. We did it in the late morning, and it was really busy. I didn't mind too much, everyone was very polite and easy going. The trail was very rocky, but I had no problems just by taking it slow and steady. I will say, it was hotter on the trail than I expected! There is not much shade along the trail. Overall, the views were unbeatable and fun to hike! I called it a double feature since you get a nice view of both lakes!

Shorter than I planned. I expected to be hiking to the base of the waterfall, but it goes to the top. Parking is horrible, plan to go early in the morning to get a parking spot, (like before 9am). Fun to go with the kids and play in the water at the top!

Spectacular views and fun at the water falls