Carson Falls and Pine Mountain Trail

Carson Falls and Pine Mountain Trail is a 5.8 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Fairfax, California that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

A nice travel with good vantage points and a the chance to see some wildlife.

Make sure to put on sunscreen as there are no shades for the first 1.2 miles. Just like what another reviewer mentioned, Liberty trail was not clearly marked and looked like it hasn't been used often lately. I had to check my GPS to make sure we're still on the right trail. Lots of bugs along the trail: make sure to spray bug repellant. I would go back here in spring when it will be cooler and more water at the falls.

Was on our way to Cataract Falls, but found this instead at the road closure. It was absolutely beautiful especially after new rainfall.

My family and I found this wonderful trail in April of 2016 when we couldn't get to Cataract Falls due to a rock slide closing the road. But we were happy we found this gem. And the fact that it was raining when we hiked it made the falls just that much more amazing. The views were amazing and it was decently challenging. Be on the lookout for the poison oak! There was quite a bit. And as an added bonus: Salamanders!

Great work out! A lot of waterfalls. Took advantage after the rain.

So beautiful! Great variety of up and downhills. The weather was beautiful during February and not too hot! It had just rained a lot and the waterfall was full and gorgeous