Carruthers Cove Trail

Carruthers Cove Trail is a 1.4 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Klamath, California that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, nature trips, and bird watching and is best used from April until October.

Distance: 1.4 miles Elevation Gain: 511 feet Route Type: Out & Back

beach

great trail and spot. trail is like a creek bed most all the way. beach is very cool.

Saturday, September 15, 2018

We passed the trailhead twice before actually finding it. It was late afternoon, around 4:30 when we started. The beginning is all downhill, it’s a pretty easy descent. You can hear the waves throughout the trail and it’s really wonderful. There are parts of the descent that are dicey, I had to watch my footing from a steep fall off. We didn’t run into anyone on the trail at all on the way down. When we got down to the beach, it was pretty misty and it added to the eerie feel. It was so secluded and quiet, with only the waves and the trees and it was thrilling yet terrifying. The way back up was a lot more challenging than I was expecting, but I didn’t seem to mind the drop offs on the ascent. Overall, despite the steep incline on the way back up, it’s a cool, short trail with rewarding views at the end. I’d probably do it again.

Friday, February 16, 2018

This rating is based on the trail. It’s not spectacular but what is...the beach. It’s stunning. Take this trail to get to the pot of gold!

Monday, September 18, 2017

Did this today in pretty good weather. The last time I did it the rain was pouring down so i couldn't see anything. It really didn't matter because there are no views from the trail and it's probably the poorest trail in the park. It's straight as can be... The beach is awesome with some great rock formations. I was really surprised by how many footprints there were on the beach. A lot of people apparently do this trail. Not one I will do again or recommend...

Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Fantastic Hike. We hiked this on July 21 with our 3 kids: 13, 11 and 3. They loved the hike. We saw huge slugs, big redwoods, and then walked up and down the beach for an hour and a half and watched the tide come in. A great hike!

Wednesday, November 16, 2016

It wasn't as pretty as it should have been. I did this trail and a few others today in the rain. It was raining good enough on this one to keep me from taking any pics. My lab enjoyed this one more than me but it was in today's game plan..... #273

Friday, August 05, 2016

The park trail guide lists this trail as strenuous. The trail drops 580 ft to a beautiful secluded beach bookended by large sea rocks. On the trail you can hear but not sea the ocean until the end of the trail. Worth the hike.

Wednesday, August 29, 2018