Carruthers Cove Trail

Carruthers Cove Trail is a 1.5 mile out and back trail located near Klamath, California and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from April until October.

Did this today in pretty good weather. The last time I did it the rain was pouring down so i couldn't see anything. It really didn't matter because there are no views from the trail and it's probably the poorest trail in the park. It's straight as can be... The beach is awesome with some great rock formations. I was really surprised by how many footprints there were on the beach. A lot of people apparently do this trail. Not one I will do again or recommend...

Fantastic Hike. We hiked this on July 21 with our 3 kids: 13, 11 and 3. They loved the hike. We saw huge slugs, big redwoods, and then walked up and down the beach for an hour and a half and watched the tide come in. A great hike!

It wasn't as pretty as it should have been. I did this trail and a few others today in the rain. It was raining good enough on this one to keep me from taking any pics. My lab enjoyed this one more than me but it was in today's game plan..... #273

Sunday, August 07, 2016

Friday, August 05, 2016

The park trail guide lists this trail as strenuous. The trail drops 580 ft to a beautiful secluded beach bookended by large sea rocks. On the trail you can hear but not sea the ocean until the end of the trail. Worth the hike.

Sunday, November 08, 2015