Learn more

Carriage Trail is a 4.9 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Redlands, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 4.9 miles Elevation Gain: 295 feet Route Type: Loop

One of the trails in Redlands. Open all year to all skill level. This is a trail in an undeveloped area in the mountains.

During the summer it's all direct sun, just bring water. easy and quick. muddy during rainy season. I wouldn't drive from far to do this walk, it's great for a quick walk for locals. no intense incline/decline. good for beginners.

Nice walk, relaxing quiet. Saw 1 large rattle snake

Great little find for me and my daughters, especially beautiful right before sunset we took our dog he loved it

I run 5 times a week (mostly road running) and today I decided to walk this trail as part of my recovery day and I really enjoyed it. I picked a good day to go here as it was a bit cloudy and thus, I wasn’t overwhelmed by the heat of the sun. It’s mostly flat with barely any inclination throughout the trail which makes it great for easy walking or trail running. Landscape could’ve been a little greener, but you can’t have it all! Good trail especially for beginners.

This trail must be beautiful in early spring. If you aren't doing the whole trail, I would recommend parking on Alessandro and that half of the trail is more shaded and pleasant.

This was a great beginning trail for me and my corgi! There were 2 bikers when we first arrived, but as we were leaving we saw more groups. We saw one snake, but we just waited a couple of minutes for it to pass and everything was fine! 10/10 would recommend for beginners.

Did this hike this morning. Great hike- I will do it again. No rattlesnakes.

Newer MTB Rider so this trail was perfect. Easy ride to one side(Black Fence/Residential) The way back was a super fun zig zag bike trail back to the spot we started on the Canyon road.

Clocked 5.6 miles got it done in two hours chit chatting and taking pictures.. also seen two snakes (small and medium) the bigger one was on the trail and we made the decision to get out of his way. Don’t know what kind .. but no rattle.. and we felt safe enough to pass him as is (see pictures) .. also seen rabbits and nice bright yellow belly bird. The trail is marked. It’s a low impact long hike. Would do it again. As stated in other reviews it has donkey poo here and there but nothing you can’t walk around. They have posted cdc guidelines for social distancing on both sides of the trail. (Pic)

Fun trail , would do again .

Great and very easy nice river bank views historic trail

recorded Carriage Trail

Very busy

Nice mostly flat trail excellent beginner trail . If you go make sure to head there early morning parking is limited. And take a hat. I’d recommend walking it a few times during different seasons to see the foliage change. Trail runs along a stream with cottonwood trees that change color during year . One draw back , lots and lots of donkey poop. Wild donkeys in the area come to the trail at night and leave all there droppings

Great trail to hike on a Sunday afternoon

recorded Carriage Trail

Really good beginner biking trail with gradual up and down hill parts. I suggest starting at San Timoteo Nature Sanctuary. It much easier to park there.

Some pretty areas, a lot of construction going in the area. Wouldn't recommend going midday without a hat

Definitely a lot of poop on the trail & parking was a little hard to find. Ended up parking on Alessandro St. Overall a nice hike!

Not a bad easy trail for me and my pup. The constitution is on the road next to the trail, so not an issue. The horse poo is excessive (almost “paved” the tail at some points). Not to much of an issue on a bike

closed

for the longest time i couldnt find where to park for the trail and when i finally did it looked like it was closed. there were a bunch of signs saying "construction" "hard hats only" "no pedestrians" and i didnt want to chance it so i just packed up dogs in the car and headed home. A real disappointment cause i was really excited for this trail. Maybe next time though. Im still willing to give it a try.

Beautiful day and an easy hike :)

Good running trail but lots horse poop. Not much shade. The 1/8 mile out look in the middle of the carraige trail is worth it!

Had a blast mountain biking. When you hit the sand, trail is over. Time to turn around. You’ll know...

nice trail heavy horse pop at the end of trail or beginning depending which end you start at.