Carquinez Loop Overlook Trail

Carquinez Loop Overlook Trail is a 1.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Port Costa, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 1.6 miles Elevation Gain: 114 feet Route Type: Loop

scenic driving

A great walk, this trail will give you a great taste of the Carquinez regional shoreline with views of the Carquinez Strait, this is a great location for birders. Don't forget your binoculars!

Solid trail that's ideal for kids and the elderly. Beautiful views.

Trail has nice views of Benicia, Glen Coce and the strait. You can see both the Carquinez and Martinez Bridge.

This was an excellent easy hike. Lots of places to take beautiful pictures. Nice walk through a eucalyptus forest. I saw birds, lizards and flowers. There was an outhouse at the trailhead that appeared to be well taken care of. I intended to do the 1.6 mile loop, but ended up doing the 1.9 mile loop.

I inadvertently headed down Eckley Rd in trying out this trail earlier today, and realized almost immediately I headed the wrong way (15% grade); headed back up, and entered the "cow gate" towards the outhouse, and this was the beginning of the trail. I saw only one other person on the trail (altho there were several cars in the parking area). Offers nice views of the bay and bridges... in the "loop" part (middle of the walk), there is some shade provided by the fairly dense forestry. Also in the loop area, there are some spots where it's hard to know if you're on the trail... stick to your gut and stay to the gently trodden grass. Altho, there appear to be some other trails along the way heading off in different directions. Just stick to the map provided here, and you'll do fine. There is some slight incline on the trail; I'm in my 60's with a bum hip, and it was fine. I ended up walking about 1.72 miles, nice and fairly easy walk.

Friday, July 06, 2018

Great views of the bridge. Spotted some hawks. Easy walk.

Sunday, March 18, 2018

Great view, easy walk, and the dog loved it.

Wednesday, January 03, 2018

Beautiful views of the bay, Benecia and bay bridge.

Saturday, December 02, 2017

Nice little flat walk with great water views.

Monday, August 07, 2017

Great trail, encountered someone with their dog off leash was not friendly with my dog. Also people need to pick up after their dogs as well. Well maintained trail though.

Monday, July 24, 2017

Nice easy loop.great view. nice breeze..

Monday, April 10, 2017

Easy hike with great views.

Saturday, February 25, 2017

Easy short trail hike. I might wait until our rainy season goes away because it was still quite muddy. The grazing cows were cool! And the views are amazing!

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

although I didn't get to hike the entire trail because of the mud, I did love this park. it had lovely rolling hills a beautiful view of the bay and lots of birds. look forward to revisiting this place once it dries up a bit. The mud was just to much for me but my pooch loved it !

Friday, January 06, 2017

Easy trail over gentle, emerald green rolling hills dotted with friendly cows, other hikers and their dog's. great views too!

Saturday, November 12, 2016

Great hike for little ones....

Friday, October 21, 2016

I started at the Carquinez Scenic Dr trailhead, hiked up to Port Costa and back, then continued to the Eckley Pier for a total of 3.2 miles. This was an easy hike and I enjoyed the views of the Carquinez Strait and the Carquinez Regional Shoreline.

Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Good day hike with Yummy Foods nearby in Vallejo..!