Carmel Beach is a 1.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Carmel-by-the-Sea, California that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 1.3 miles Elevation Gain: 108 feet Route Type: Out & Back

beach

Beautiful!

Mon Apr 16 2018

Wonderful beach walk...

Sat Nov 25 2017

Great off leash dog beach. My dog and I loved it! The only reason I didn't give it a 5 star rating is because it is a popular beach and tends to get really crowded. The other reason being there were some rude comments from people because I have a pit bull lab mix, people tend to have a hard time with my dog being off leash even though he is well behaved and socialized. The comments were that my dog should be leashed even though he was next to me and would wait for my permission to go up to another dog but because he was a pit, somehow it wasn't ok he was off leash. But I digress, other than that people with other dogs were cool, the views are amazing and the sunsets are out of their world. We even saw dolphins while we were here! Highly recommended.

Sat Jul 29 2017

Typed a real long review about walking the other way down scenic road... and it crashes... oh well, try it... less crowded interesting views.

Tue Jan 17 2017

My favorite place to take my dog walking off leash. Carmel beach is flooded with other dogs which I love. The most dog friendliest place in the world. Beautiful beach and village shopping nearby. It would be ridiculous to pass this up.

Fri Sep 30 2016

Beatuful scenery, but crowded. It was also very stinky at times because the beach was covered of dead algae washed of the sea.

Sun Nov 25 2018