Carlon Falls Trail is a 4.5 kilometer moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Groveland, California that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is best used from April until October.

4.5 km
61 m

This was a nice out and back hike. At first it is lay and easy. Once you get to about a mile/mike and a half in, the trail gets hilly and a bit more challenging. Near the falls it gets a little tough o see the trail but once you’ve reached this point your basically at the falls. The falls weren’t as big as imagined they’d be but nonetheless is was a beautiful spot. There is a swimming hole there as well.

very beautiful short hike. I just like to ask everyone to be very careful with the rocks, they are very slippery the closer u get to the water fall.

A little fun finding the trailhead but a beautiful day hike. Not too steep but has some up & down to it with twists and such to keep it interesting. Bring you trunks if you want to cool off nice swimming holes and smaller cliffs to jump off if your into that
Enjoy!

For a novice this was great

Would do again. I loved the waterfall at the end. Bring good shoes with traction

Did this hike last weekend with a few friends. Weather was a bit hazy from smoke but nothing serious. Throughout the day it cleared up. Light traffic.

My 14 year old and 11 year old got there before anyone else. A good hour went before we saw anyone. Then an organized troup of kids walked by on the trail. An 8 year old girl slipped off the trail and over the fifteen foot cliff. I was shocked when I reached her and she was dusting herself off. Awesome place, but be careful with the children.

Great hike, very shady which helped on a hot day. The incline and rocks were not too bad. One thing I found different was the beach sand the whole way up to the waterfalls. We had a lot on rolling ankles in our group so be careful The water at the end was PERFECT.

Beautiful shady hike on a hot day. Some rocky steeper spots but overall an easy hike. The cold swimming water at the end felt great on my hot feet!

Nice trail, nice swimming holes and beautiful water falls but please please be very careful if you climb to the top of the falls they are very slippery and you can easily slide down into the fall! Please use caution we had a accident that could have ended in tragedy. Thank you to a very kind and brave stranger who risked his life for my wife! Again!!! Please be safe!

Great hike! Great views! Great swimming area!

Great area to get away from the crowds. Plenty of areas along the trail to dip in the water. Water is very cold but refreshing after the hike in.

The trail runs along the river for a good portion of the route, which provides for nice scenery in contrast to the absolute devastation from former burns if you look in the other direction. Ease of navigation leaves something to be desired - there are countless offshoots and no blazes to reaffirm whether you are on the actual trail. The falls at the end of the hike are a worthwhile finale.

Nice little day hike. Mostly shaded. Nice little falls/cascades at end. When water volume over falls is lower, many swimming opportunities would be available.

I would rate this more as a nature hike. The trail is fairly easy until the last 1/4 mile. From there it becomes steep and rocky until you reach the falls. We did it with a 4 year old in tow.
The trail is within the burn area of the 2013 Rim Fire, it provided a great learning opportunity for our 12 year old to see the devastation and regrowth as part of our nature's cycle.
The falls are amazing with pools to dip in if you dare (that water is icy! brrrr!!).

Great place to visit

There are several short hikes here and you can easily jump from one to the other. The parking area was not clean and maintained. Pretty sad all the garbage was over flowing. The trail is not really special and yes was burned several years ago.
The falls are worth the hike. Great swimming holes and cold water!

Easy hike, plenty of space to park, restrooms, beautiful view!!!

I found this to be a wonderful winter trek. Following the river up to the falls, clear water, cataplier, mushrooms, birds, and snow. I look forward to visiting again in the summer. Easy hike with some moderate (steep) hiking up to the falls.

Can't wait to go back in the summer, but this was a beautiful winter hike. Just a few slick spots and snow, but we'll worth the effort. Gorgeous waterfall and Crystal clear water on this quiet easy stroll.

Easy to navigate, beautiful forest and nearby river. Plenty of parking with restrooms.

Saturday, October 21, 2017

Easy hike/walk along the stream with a small cascading waterfall at the end. Pretty fun way to pass some time, but I wouldn't seek this one out with so many other great trails around.

Tuesday, October 17, 2017

We could not make it all the way. We saw cattle that blocked our way and we could not go through them. There were no people around.

Monday, October 16, 2017

Great easy hike with the kids. The parking area is tiny. There’s additional parking and a vault toilet on the opposite side of the river from the trailhead.

Saturday, October 07, 2017

Beautiful waterfalls

Monday, September 25, 2017

Beautiful place

Friday, September 15, 2017

easy at first. moderate as you get closer to the falls. some hills. a little confusing, lots of trails split off to the right and go to the river before the final fall. beautiful and lots of space to hang out.

Thursday, August 03, 2017

Sunday, July 30, 2017

Took a great family hike ranging from 5-69 it was great! Falls at the end were spectacular and we all had fun swimming.

Wednesday, July 26, 2017

By far the best hidden secret near Yosemite! Stayed at Hodgdon Meadows Campground this past week and this trail is literally minutes away from the campground. Parked at the trailhead off of Evergreen Road. The hike if fairly easy, my kids (ages 16 and 10) including my 65 year old Dad did this trail. The swimming hole was such a reward at the end of the trail along with the waterfalls. Swam for a while and took it all in! Will definitely be adding this trail to my to do's every time I go to Yosemite now!