Carlon Falls Trail

Carlon Falls Trail is a 2.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Groveland, California that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is best used from April until October.

Easy hike/walk along the stream with a small cascading waterfall at the end. Pretty fun way to pass some time, but I wouldn't seek this one out with so many other great trails around.

We could not make it all the way. We saw cattle that blocked our way and we could not go through them. There were no people around.

Great easy hike with the kids. The parking area is tiny. There’s additional parking and a vault toilet on the opposite side of the river from the trailhead.

Beautiful waterfalls

Beautiful place

easy at first. moderate as you get closer to the falls. some hills. a little confusing, lots of trails split off to the right and go to the river before the final fall. beautiful and lots of space to hang out.

Took a great family hike ranging from 5-69 it was great! Falls at the end were spectacular and we all had fun swimming.

By far the best hidden secret near Yosemite! Stayed at Hodgdon Meadows Campground this past week and this trail is literally minutes away from the campground. Parked at the trailhead off of Evergreen Road. The hike if fairly easy, my kids (ages 16 and 10) including my 65 year old Dad did this trail. The swimming hole was such a reward at the end of the trail along with the waterfalls. Swam for a while and took it all in! Will definitely be adding this trail to my to do's every time I go to Yosemite now!

Trail itself is okay. Very sandy. What makes it worth the trip is the waterfall at the end.

Loooved this sweet trail!!! It was absolutely perfect for our three boys! Waterfalls, rock climbing, butterflies and a trail that is difficult to lose!

Was a nice little easy hike for outsiders. I really enjoyed.

Short hike with the river flowing right next to the trail until you hit the falls. The falls were also flowing at the most intense rate I have ever seen and it was amazing being able to see this rare sight.

Easy hike. Parking lot has 10-15 spots. Popular mountain biking road.

New to hiking and have to say I absolutely love this trail. Great views, wonderful waterfalls, and not a lot of traffic. Will be returning here soon.

Sunday, October 30, 2016

Took the kids and had a great time. The trail gets a little treacherous toward the end by the falls. Kids loved clamoring over the rocks. Lots of fuzzy caterpillars. Beautiful. Peaceful.

Sunday, October 23, 2016

Easy hike to do with kids

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

my kids had a great time.

Sunday, July 10, 2016

Great trail on the perimeter of Yosemite. Definitely worth the trip if you are in the area. We did this trail on a Friday evening around 5pm and had the trail to ourselves.

Monday, July 04, 2016

Absolutely stunning. Took the high trail up to the top of the waterfall and spent a few hours wading around in the water. Paradise! One of the items on my "to do" list while visiting from Canada.