Indian Joe Creek Trail

Indian Joe Creek Trail is a 5.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Sunol, California that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I think we rneed

Great hike and the weather was perfect.

Went on this trail right after spring rains in 2017. plenty of water in the creek pretty awesome cause the trail goes along right next to it for most of the way. nice and green after so much rain.

This trail is closer to 4 miles than 5.5. It is a climb but you get to cruise on the way down, kind of a fun figure eight Loop with an awesome farm / barn picnic area and pretty well marked dirt trails. Shady patches. Indian Joe Creek was dry as a bone when I ran this trail in late July. $5 parking fee. Bring cash.

We followed the bahiker.com featured hike. It was a very nice hike. The downhill was very interesting!

Note: Be careful with cows on trail. At one point, cows were on both side of trail, and we tried walking through them. One of the cows started charging towards and we ran. Luckily, it did not follow us. Doing a quick google search reveals that other people have also faced that (fyi: we did not have a dog or kid). In the hindsight, may be we should have left the trail and walked through grass to go around the cows.

Indian joe creek trail (trailhead is immediately after the park gate entrance). Trail goes alongside the creek with multiple creek crossing opportunities. Has elevation gains and drops. Has abundant shade.

Very nice time of the year to do this trail. Suggest to start on the anti clockwise direction. Easier grade and Shade throughout. Clockwise makes it a hard start with no tree cover and constant steep climb in the beginning. Loved the creek crossings

Monday, November 21, 2016

We hike the Indian Joe Creek Trailhead in middle of November. The scenery was beautiful.

Friday, September 16, 2016

Nice trail with the creeks and the rocks to scramble through a bit on the creeks. Kids would enjoy this one.

Saturday, August 27, 2016

Beautiful views. We went in March and the scenery was spectacular!

Tuesday, August 02, 2016

if you are fairly new to hiking it cam be tough but it is worth the hike. also the scenery is beautiful.

Saturday, May 21, 2016

Trail was a great hike. All the creeks we pass threw keep my 3year old interested. lots of beautiful Oak trees so their lots of shade too.

Sunday, May 01, 2016

Pretty. Uphill, but not too hard. Good calf workout! The water along the trail was really pretty and there were some Falls. The view is gorgeous

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

The trail was muddy. I didn't like it.

Monday, April 04, 2016

Very nice trail with nice vistas. the parking lots were packed with people and yet the park was quiet and felt empty.

Monday, February 29, 2016

i love this trail, but no signal here so I cannot record my path. Not much flowers, but very green

Sunday, February 28, 2016

Very easy hike...the waterfall is lovely although very little water due to the drought

Friday, February 12, 2016

Good short distance hike. Nice scenery! Apparently, there was mountain lion sightings. All we saw were what looked like huge paw prints.

Sunday, February 07, 2016

Nice flat trail that is good for kids. My son and I saw to rattlesnakes together on this trail.