Camp Nelson Trail

Camp Nelson Trail is a 4.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Springville, California and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, horses, and mountain biking and is best used from February until October. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

One of the most beautiful hikes I've ever done! I would rate it at a medium hike level though. The hike is long, but not hard. Amazing trees, fern, views

This trail is a bit misleading based off the map. I thought the end would be some epic spot but the map on Alltrails simply stops when in actuality the trail goes up to Ponderosa. We stopped roughly where trail shows though.

I would also argue that this is a moderate hike. I am not in good shape and although I got my HR up at spots it is not hard.

Beautiful trail and hike.

First hike in the area. Nice warm up for the weekend.

Great trail. Not crowded at all. Well worth it.

Beautiful trail that follows the river. A couple nice bridge and felled tree crossings over the river. Easy access from coy flats campground.

I had a lot of pleasure on this wonderful trail!

Amazing trail. My favorite in the area. Perfect for first timers in the area.

Great trail!!! I think moderate is more fitting than hard. BEAUTIFUL sequoias!!

Monday, December 12, 2016

Beautiful hike! We got to be the first on the trail after the first snow this season. It was amazing!

Sunday, November 27, 2016

We really enjoyed this trail! I would rate as moderate to easy, not hard. it even snowed! lots of Sequoia Trees along the way. At the end of this trail there is a continuation of another trail so we were able to add some more miles. Definitely recommend

Thursday, August 04, 2016

We started from the Belknap campground and according to this map, we only made it halfway before needing to turn around because of remaining daylight. There were plenty of places to stop and play in the cool spring water. Only saw three groups of people on the 3 hour hike.

Monday, August 01, 2016

We started the hike outside of the Quaking Aspen campground. It made the hike almost all downhill. We drove a vehicle to the trailhead near Belknap campground first. The trail was amazing. It definitely had a good amount of large trees to look at.

Saturday, July 09, 2016

Fun trail some technical sections. Beautiful trees and creek crossing.

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

it was easy, not busy, and fairly easy.

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Beautiful trail! We took our dog on her first hike and this trail was great for it. Not too much traffic but still a few people about. Would definitely recommend and repeat.