Camp Nelson Trail is a 5.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Springville, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from February until October. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

I did this hike with the Kern Valley Hiking Club, and had a great time. The ferns were out, and the Sequoias were fantastic. We visited the Jordan Peak Lookout afterwards.

This hike isn’t hard but it is a little steep in spots. We saw a rattlesnake just 10ft or so from the trailhead so keep an eye out. Crosses the river a few times with very pretty scenery. Sequoias and ferns more dense as the trail goes on. There were a lot of mosquitos, we all had repellent but still left with a few bites.

Quite a nice trail, I enjoyed it more than the Trail of 100 Giants as this trail provided more shade and changes in scenery as the trail winds over the creeks. We started our hike around 10am and I would recommend starting no later, as the overhead sun was quite harsh on the way back at 1pm. The morning shade was very pleasant, and made the gradual elevation gain easier. I thought at only 900feet gain over 2.6 miles this would be too easy if a hike, but it was perfect for a hot summer day! I highly recommend hiking this trail with a GRAYL water filtration bottle, as there are so many running streams to fill up at and stay hydrated!

Very beautiful in June. Many Giant Sequoias, butterflies, gatherings of ladybugs. Hiked with my seven year old granddaughter and she had a fabulous time exploring the shallow stream. Lots to see if one takes it slow. Many shady areas due to the wide variety of trees.

This trail was amazing at every step~! So much to admire and the sequoia trees are the icing on the cake~!! I do suggest you arm yourself and your furry hiker(s) with LOTS of bug spray—the amount of mosquitoes on the trail was bad and annoying at times. Otherwise, what a gem of a trail~!

Had so much fun on this trail with my dog! Lots of creeks and gorgeous ferns and sequoias! My dog had fun splashing through the water while I tried to balance on the bridges. Very simple hike! Some spots where there isn’t shade it gets very hot! The trail head was a little confusing for us to find at first, but once we did the trail was easy to follow!

This trail is not moderate. I'd rank it as easy. It's not marked, but just take Nelson Rd. to the very end... thru the area of cabins. The trail is a little over 5miles. Many beautiful moments, however there has been some recent lumbering.. lots of cut trees and logs along the first mile or so. The river is pretty full and beautiful as are the giant sequoias. I would definitely go again.

Awesome trail!

This is a beautiful hike, along the middle fork of the Tule River that takes you through majestic Sequoia Redwood groves and is beautifully, scenic from beginning to end. If you’re looking for a beautiful, mountain experience that’s not terribly crowded, this may be the one for you.

As of 1/28/18, some snow on the ground but not enough to lose visibility of the trail. It is possible to drive up to the trail but no designated parking. We saw a total of 4 people during our 2-3hr time spent on the trail. We were not able to complete the trail for several reasons, mainly due to a very icy thin bridge. Looking to go back in warmer months

Wednesday, November 15, 2017

One of the most beautiful hikes I've ever done! I would rate it at a medium hike level though. The hike is long, but not hard. Amazing trees, fern, views

Sunday, November 12, 2017

This trail is a bit misleading based off the map. I thought the end would be some epic spot but the map on Alltrails simply stops when in actuality the trail goes up to Ponderosa. We stopped roughly where trail shows though.

I would also argue that this is a moderate hike. I am not in good shape and although I got my HR up at spots it is not hard.

Beautiful trail and hike.

Sunday, July 23, 2017

First hike in the area. Nice warm up for the weekend.

Monday, July 17, 2017

Great trail. Not crowded at all. Well worth it.

Sunday, July 02, 2017

Beautiful trail that follows the river. A couple nice bridge and felled tree crossings over the river. Easy access from coy flats campground.

Wednesday, June 07, 2017

I had a lot of pleasure on this wonderful trail!

Saturday, May 27, 2017

Amazing trail. My favorite in the area. Perfect for first timers in the area.

Sunday, May 14, 2017

Great trail!!! I think moderate is more fitting than hard. BEAUTIFUL sequoias!!

Monday, December 12, 2016

Beautiful hike! We got to be the first on the trail after the first snow this season. It was amazing!

Sunday, November 27, 2016

We really enjoyed this trail! I would rate as moderate to easy, not hard. it even snowed! lots of Sequoia Trees along the way. At the end of this trail there is a continuation of another trail so we were able to add some more miles. Definitely recommend

Thursday, August 04, 2016

We started from the Belknap campground and according to this map, we only made it halfway before needing to turn around because of remaining daylight. There were plenty of places to stop and play in the cool spring water. Only saw three groups of people on the 3 hour hike.

Monday, August 01, 2016

We started the hike outside of the Quaking Aspen campground. It made the hike almost all downhill. We drove a vehicle to the trailhead near Belknap campground first. The trail was amazing. It definitely had a good amount of large trees to look at.

Saturday, July 09, 2016

Fun trail some technical sections. Beautiful trees and creek crossing.

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

it was easy, not busy, and fairly easy.

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Beautiful trail! We took our dog on her first hike and this trail was great for it. Not too much traffic but still a few people about. Would definitely recommend and repeat.

Tuesday, April 05, 2016

Parked near the trailhead at the end of Nelson Drive (end of campground). Lots of fallen trees, however the view early April 2016 is simply gorgeous.

With the exception of getting around the fallen trees blocking the trail, this is an easy hike in my book.

Sunday, April 03, 2016

It was okay, kids had a blast climbing all the fallen trees.

Saturday, September 26, 2015

Excellent trail! Wide variety of riding offering fun for all skill levels.

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Peaceful hike through Giants most of the way.

Saturday, May 23, 2015