Calaveras Ridge Regional Trail

Calaveras Ridge Regional Trail is a 7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Dublin, California that features beautiful wild flowers. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Nice trek and views

LOVE THE VIEW OVERALL!

Muddy. Disappointing.

There were some heavy rains 4-5 days before I hiked this trail, but it was still very muddy at parts. I had hoped all the sun that these hills had received in the few days prior would have dried them out more. I wouldn't suggest hiking this trail unless the area has not seen rain for at least a week. There was a spot about two miles in where a small mud slide had wiped out the path and I had to go on a detour to higher ground to get around it.

I had prepared for a 7 mile hike according to the track, but unfortunately 2.5 miles in the trail ends at the electric line tower at the top of the hill. You will see marker 10 at the bottom of the hill and a sign that the trail ends in 1/4 mile. In order to follow the track and do the entire 7 miles, you would need to hop the fence and hike through a private cow pasture. I wouldn't recommend it.

The views are nice, but I spent too much time looking down where I was walking so I didn't step in a cow patty. Out of the 70 trails that I have completed in the Bay Area, this was one of my least favorite. The Donlan Loop is nicer if you are hiking in this area.

This is a local fav of mine!!

Saturday, October 08, 2016