Cache Creek Ridge: Judge Davis Trailhead

Cache Creek Ridge: Judge Davis Trailhead is a 10.3 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Williams, California that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, birding, fishing, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Much of the trail is thrashed from horses. Wish I had worn boots instead of trail shoes.

Start early so you have plenty of time to explore the creek and beat some of the heat. Very exposed to sun. Definitely challenging on the way back.

Monday, August 08, 2016

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

I did this hike before going to work one spring day ( I did not realize I could wright a review or I would have done it on the day of the hike) ......let me just say this......It was a nice spring walk that I figured would not take me more than a few hrs to complete I was right but I did not figure on all the hills and valleys that I would be going up and down.....lol I paid for it that night at work....all in all it was a great trail well packed and not very rocky I did not see any elk that day nor for that mater any other animals although I am told there are some to be seen up there I guess you get luck when you get lucky....I did get to see awesome views and beautiful oaks. I would do it again maybe wait just a few more weeks and let the wild flowers be at top bloom. Happy Hiking!