CA Coastal Trail: Kellog Road to Point Saint George

CA Coastal Trail: Kellog Road to Point Saint George is a 12.5 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Crescent City, California that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 12.5 miles Elevation Gain: 62 feet Route Type: Out & Back

off road driving

paddle sports

surfing

beach

We only did a short distance of this trail. It was basically a beach walk which was not what we were looking for.

off road driving

Ocean is beautiful. I had never driven on the beach and found my heart pounding at moments as the Jeep seem to be sinking. I will do it again but would like a second vehicle to come along.

First time driving on the beach, didn’t make it all the way, but it is definitely worth the drive for an adrenaline rush and I was only riding as my husband was driving!

Friday, September 01, 2017

Beautiful hike on the beach... On the way down it was beautiful but not very clear due to the combination of marine layer and smoke from the Chetco Bar Fire. The hike down was really mellow and timed pretty well with the tides. After the turnaround the tide changed and started coming in and there was a steady southerly wind of about 20 kts in my face. Due to having to walk in softer sand because of the higher tide along with the length I rated the hike as difficult. A lower tide without wind and it would be moderate...