Buzzard's Roost Trail

Buzzard's Roost Trail is a 1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Friant, California that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Steep climb at first but one you reach the top it is well worth it.

This is a good, short hike that offer some challenge because it is mostly uphill. It was somewhat overgrown in areas, so I would wear pants or long socks if that sort of thing bothers you. The view is pretty great! I enjoyed it. Very green and pretty right now in April. For your next challenge try pin cushion Peak.

Easter Sunday, enjoying the beautiful weather and the view from the top of the trail.

My first hike this year. Easy to get to. Easy to follow. I’m out of shape but I was still able to complete it. Beautiful views at the top. Always worth it. :)

I hiked Buzzard's Roost last fall. It was an easy and beautiful hike. I am in my sixties, and friends with me were in their seventies. It was not a difficult hike for any of us. The terrain was fun and colorful. I admit we kept saying, "Are we getting closer?" many many times. I think we were just anxious to get to the top. The walk back seemed much shorter. I loved the view of the valley below. This is a wonderful place to spend an afternoon. I had so much fun. We actually ran into our son, daughter-in-law, and grandson on the trail. This was a total surprise, because we had not discussed going on the hike. I plan to hie again in the Spring. I want to experience it in different seasons.

Cool trail. Views of the lake the entire time. Definitely don't do in the summer and if you can try to be up there with the sunrise. Really Cool.

I hiked this trail on Thanksgiving day, 2017. The trail was well maintained and easy to follow for the most part. It is very steep in the beginning and at the end of the trail.

The waterfall was dried up when I went, I'm going to come back during the spring to hopefully see that in action.

I'd estimate my time up at about 45 minutes and about 20 minutes on the way down.

Fun with the family!

Sunday, April 23, 2017

Nice & Easy beautify scenery, fun

Monday, April 17, 2017

Beautiful scenery. great hike near some waterfalls.

Thursday, April 13, 2017

Was great. Can't wait to go again. Just MAKE SURE TO PACK BUG SPRAY!

Monday, April 03, 2017

Took about 45 minutes to get to the viewpoint. Beautiful greenery, flowers, mini waterfall and high overview of Millerton lake. Got a little warm with not much shade at parts of it, so early morning is best. A lot of steep uphill parts too so be careful if taking small children.

Saturday, March 18, 2017

I love this trail strenuous but not to long ..can get your daily workout in without taking all day. plus really pretty at the top of the hill

Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Just visited this spot today! It was well kept and a nice hike. The trail isn't hard and once you get to the top it has a beautiful view over the lake. There is also a nice little waterfall. Definitely going back!

Sunday, March 12, 2017

Awesome view at the top. My 3.5yr old made it all the way to the top with very little assistance. If you haven't had the experience to see a sun set from the top on this one your missing out. plus just under 10min hike back down to trailhead.

Monday, February 27, 2017

Steep trail buy worth the climb. The view of the lake from the top is breathtaking.

Monday, February 27, 2017

Multiple trails so was hard to find but great trails steep be prepared to walk walking shoes water wonderful view!!

Tuesday, February 21, 2017

The Buzzards roost is a step trail but well worth the climb. There are many trails in this area and all seem to be hilly but great hikes.

Sunday, February 19, 2017

One of the better hikes close to home in Fresno. With all of the rain, so many small streams, a waterfall and much green vegetation. I began from trailhead by the group camp site and returned there. Took about 45 mins from that point to the roost. The view from the top late in the day was tops. I'm sure within a month that the wildflowers will make it even better. Beware of mountain lion(s) as I found scat near the "roost". Also, signs indicate "no dogs". Please abide and pack out your trash. Enjoy!

Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Well marked. Quick hike, but climb from the start. If you want a great view and a good well marked trail go for it. Took us about 40 mins up and 20 down.

Monday, January 30, 2017

Nice Hike... Beautiful mini waterfall on the way up... Great views of the Lake

Friday, December 23, 2016

Great trail in late fall or early spring. Trail can be hard to follow in some areas due to overgrowth. Kid- friendly 7yrs on up.

Monday, June 13, 2016

A short nice hike. Wish it would of been longer.

Thursday, April 14, 2016

Great views!

Friday, May 29, 2015

Very nice, although steep at times if you're not very sure-footed/bad joints/whatever but great for a short afternoon hike. I enjoyed myself and the view from the top. Not much shade, so be wary of the time of day

Saturday, January 10, 2015

1/10/15 This was a good uphill hike. Once at the top we weren't quite ready to call it quits and head back down so we followed what looked like an animal trail and went further then made our way back. Probably an extra mile or so. Very hazy day so the pictures weren't great. Will definitely do again. Good work out. I thought out and back meant 1.2 one way but it's the total hike if you stick to the trail.

Sunday, February 16, 2014

my wife & I did this hike earlier today. it is nearly straight up hill, but it's short & the views are great!

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Up hill most of the way. Great with a dog that's in shape.

Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Completed this trail on 1/1/2013. Just my son and I, my daughter was sick. The trail is short but almost all uphill. Got to the top in about 30 minutes. Great views. Temperature was in the fifties with a cool wind at the top. Take a wind-breaker if you plan to stay on the top for awhile.

Wednesday, July 18, 2012