Burbank Peak Trail

Burbank Peak Trail is a 1.5 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Los Angeles, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, running, and nature trips. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.5 miles Elevation Gain: 711 feet Route Type: Out & Back

historic site

Very rocky. You will slide a lot if you aren’t careful here. There’s parking on Lake Hollywood Dr for free and you have to walk through a residential area, but the sight is well-worth it. Also be warned that it’s all uphill and not very forgiving so if you were looking for something easy this is definitely not it. The peak was beautiful and can take you to the back of the Hollywood sign if you are still up for it after the climb.

Steep climb up, a lot of sun exposure so wear sunscreen. Beautiful views but can be a bit hard for newbies. Be prepared to use your hands but absolutely worth the sweat when you get to the wisdom tree. Bring water and enjoy!!

I really enjoyed this trail. Great incline up but not to hard.When you reach the top there are several points of interest. There is a flag put their in Memorial to 9/11 and the Wisdom tree (with a sign) is well known as back in 2009 when there was a fire that had burnt the Mountain and surrounding area, the only thing to withstand the fire was the tree. So it had gotten the name Miracle tree or Wisdom tree. There is also a trunk next to the tree filled with items you can sign or leave. And the views are awesome. I will definitely be back to check out more of the area...

I read that I shouldn’t go down the “back way” and I agreed to myself not to and alas, I did anyway. Just know you will be sliding down the mountain for 10 minutes and there’s a lot of brush to walk through Maybe one day I will come back and tie a rope. In the meantime, check the album to understand. Beautiful hike otherwise!

My favorite trail ! Always and forever ! The view at the top is amazing !

Great workout! Gorgeous views

Tough hike! Good leg workout. Views are amazing.

Did the loop counter clockwise. Steep but fun the first half up to the tree. Doing the rest of the loop the way down was very challenging. Super steep and sandy. Make sure you have shoes with good grip

Beautiful but hard for me a person with mobility issues...

This was my first hiking experience EVER! Not for beginners- Challenge Accepted! It was a 30-minute hike uphill and a couple of steep climbs. There were lots of dust and loose rocks, but the view on top was so worth it in the end!

Lots of loose rocks, definitely not a beginner trail! Very few flat walks. Absolutely beautiful though!

Slippery bc of loose rocks and sand. Enjoyable great legs day!! Nice views

Great workout and beautiful views!! Not for beginners.

Took my 2 yo daughter. Was a bit steeper than I anticipated but it was enjoyable. The recent rains have made the trail muddy and so ravines in the path

A quick trail to get almost 360 degree views of LA and Burbank

Sun Jan 20 2019

This trail is a real leg burner. You definitely get a work out. Not recommended for beginners unless you like the challenge. Going up is rocky and steep, so make sure you bring hiking poles with you. I took the trail to the Hollywood Sign, then to Mt. Lee Summit trail that ended in a residential area to head back to my car on Lake Hollywood Drive for a 5.5 mile hike. I didn't feel comfortable going back the way I went up. The view is great from the trail, but probably would have better on a day that is clear and not so hazy or cloudy.

Sun Jan 06 2019

Great trail for training and views of Los Angeles and Burbank. It can be a bit slippery given the loose sand on rock so a walking stick is recommended.

Fri Jul 13 2018

One of my favorite hikes! A lot of technical trails, rocky, hiking shoes a must. I took this on up to Cahuenga Peak, then to the back of the Hollywood Sign. If you like hikes that'll keep you on your toes, you'll love this one.

Tue Jun 12 2018

Beautiful views! After hiking to the Wisdom Tree, we continued past Cahuenga Peak to get to the Hollywood sign. That section was challenging in parts, but worth the view!

Thu Jun 07 2018

Nice and hard no for dogs or baby’s.