Bump and Grind Trail is a 3.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Palm Desert, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from October until May.

skiing

Desert hike right off the main drag in Palm Desert.

Great trail, Go left and get some elevation, Challenging but do-able, Can enjoy the walk/ run down the less steep side on the way back

Great hike! Recommend doing it clockwise for a good workout but if you want something easier then do it counterclockwise. If you go clockwise, halfway up you can choose to go through Rabbit’s trail. It also leads you to the top but it is very steep.

Great hike! Great view from the top! Go left at the trail head for a more challenging hike to the top or right for a little less challenging

I love this day hike. It is a good workout to the top! Lots of people if you want to hike with company.

Nice hike right in town. We went for a loop before Thanksgiving dinner, and it was the perfect length/difficulty for the family. Average views but pretty fun for us Seattle folks to see some desert.

I would hike this again!

Rewarding and a good grind

Great trail. Good views

Go left for the best challenge!!!

Great hike!

I hike every morning..

The views were just fine - a couple spots that offered decent views of the mountains, but mostly looking down at the city. Not objectively bad but not what I look for in a hike. Relatively easy

Pretty simple and short trail, easily accessible and extremely crowded in the mornings. the hike is easier when done counterclockwise though, normally you follow it clockwise for the quick elevation gain and the cardio. This is a great running route. the view from the top of the trail gives you a great view of Palm Desert and Indian Wells as well.

Great to get your heart pumping. City views, and pretty busy but still lots of space to yourself. No shade.

My favorite trail in the desert for a good/quick workout. From the trailhead, if you’re wanting better views, go right & loop around. If you’re wanting a killer workout, go left & loop around.

Crowded, partly an old road. Not pretty. There are many other better trails in the desert.

This is a great hike! Very easy to navigate. 35-45 minutes to complete. This is a great option to incorporate to your fitness routine. Friendly people as well. Give it a try.

This trail is right off the main road and very popular with people. It is a good challenge up to the top and great views .

I was visiting Palm Desert and wanted to gain some elevation for a view. This was a fun hike with terrific views, glad I chose it.

My son & I did the loop this morning in about an hour starting about 8:30. Definitely ascend clockwise as the trail is quite craggy. There are many switchbacks to the top but none are too vertical. Completing the loop on the descent the trail is generally wider with fewer rocky steps so it's an easy run to the end. I'm 72 and he is 35. We both agree that on a scale of 1-10 this hike is a 6 for difficulty and a 9 for fun.

Just when you think how easy this is it takes you on a roller coaster ride around and around. Lots of fun and good workout. Ended up on wrong trail going down and disembarked two miles from my car.

This trail should be rated moderate to strenuous if hiked in a clock-wise direction. The "Grind" portion is quite steep, however it's better to hike up the Grind than down. Good work out hike. Very popular and crowded.

I just love this local trail,

Good but too many people!!

I definitely preferred going clockwise around the loop; that meant I climbed the steepest route and descended the longer, less steep direction.

A vigorous hike with a great view of the valley. A must do hike every time we visit. I see why the locals use it daily.

This is a great everyday hike. It is also a nice night hike. It is heavily frequented and the trail is clearly marked. The views can be quit beautiful but it is not isolated from the surrounding city.

I always go clockwise but this is the steep way to go up. It’s a loop so anyway you go is good and you won’t get lost. I would highly recommend it to others.

friendly people. nice hike nice views. pretty easy hike.

Great views. A bit more ledges then I prefer. Very brisk walk and everyone along the way has a friendly hello. Everyone along the way is enjoying nature at its best.

Great local hike. Lots of people, views are great. Must do!