Bump and Grind Trail

Bump and Grind Trail is a 3.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Palm Desert, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from October until May.

skiing

Desert hike right off the main drag in Palm Desert.

This is a great hike! Very easy to navigate. 35-45 minutes to complete. This is a great option to incorporate to your fitness routine. Friendly people as well. Give it a try.

This trail is right off the main road and very popular with people. It is a good challenge up to the top and great views .

I was visiting Palm Desert and wanted to gain some elevation for a view. This was a fun hike with terrific views, glad I chose it.

My son & I did the loop this morning in about an hour starting about 8:30. Definitely ascend clockwise as the trail is quite craggy. There are many switchbacks to the top but none are too vertical. Completing the loop on the descent the trail is generally wider with fewer rocky steps so it's an easy run to the end. I'm 72 and he is 35. We both agree that on a scale of 1-10 this hike is a 6 for difficulty and a 9 for fun.

Just when you think how easy this is it takes you on a roller coaster ride around and around. Lots of fun and good workout. Ended up on wrong trail going down and disembarked two miles from my car.

This trail should be rated moderate to strenuous if hiked in a clock-wise direction. The "Grind" portion is quite steep, however it's better to hike up the Grind than down. Good work out hike. Very popular and crowded.

I just love this local trail,

Good but too many people!!

I definitely preferred going clockwise around the loop; that meant I climbed the steepest route and descended the longer, less steep direction.

A vigorous hike with a great view of the valley. A must do hike every time we visit. I see why the locals use it daily.

This is a great everyday hike. It is also a nice night hike. It is heavily frequented and the trail is clearly marked. The views can be quit beautiful but it is not isolated from the surrounding city.

I always go clockwise but this is the steep way to go up. It’s a loop so anyway you go is good and you won’t get lost. I would highly recommend it to others.

friendly people. nice hike nice views. pretty easy hike.

Great views. A bit more ledges then I prefer. Very brisk walk and everyone along the way has a friendly hello. Everyone along the way is enjoying nature at its best.

Great local hike. Lots of people, views are great. Must do!

Easy access, and way too many people. Local hiking hotspot. Some asshole was trying to mountain bike it with tons of people on it. Be smarter than that, wait til summer when all the snowbirds/geriatric crowd is gone.very steep on the south side, with a more moderate incline from the north. Good hike that will make you sweat

Close to town but not as scenic as Joshua Tree.

This hike is right in the city. It is a very good workout, but it's a bit of a slog. Fair amount of foot and bike traffic on the trail so you have to be watching out for traffic coming in the opposite direction and traffic coming behind you. Lots of folks run this trail as well. It is narrow in sections and doesn't help that it's often steep in these same spots and and the ground can be loose. We were quite hot on this hike which we did from about 8:30-10:30 am. We did it clockwise, but the signage is a bit confusing where the Hop along Cassidy trail branches off. Do not take the Hop along branch to the left if you only want to do the Bump and Grind. Yep, it's a good workout with good views of the city. My hiking mate felt it was difficult not moderate.

Did half of it. Loved the hike

Gets your heart racing when you’re not in shape. Love it

Great hike. About 7K in total. Hiked up front (steep part) 1,100 for elevation- heart thumper but totally doable. Took the Trail down the back and it is easy and no issues. About 1.5hrs.

Nice incline. Not too difficult. Done at sunset so cool and beautiful view. Lots of people use this trail

I love the challenge every time. It definitely increased my endurance. Love it!

first time doing this Trail. I took the right trail and did the slow incline versus the steeper incline on the left side. great views of the valley, a very good workout. A little steep on the descent with a lot of loose stone and gravel. Glad I had my hiking Trekkers.

Fun hike! Suggest starting up the left side of the trail first to avoid coming down the steepest section of the trail. Parking was easy.

Fun workout with decent views but nothing spectacular. Trails are in good condition. The back side (going counterclockwise) is a little exposed.

Love this trail! It’s been my favorite hike in the desert for years. Great for mountain biking too which I️ enjoy most!

Very crowded but nice short hike with a good vertical

my favorite trail to hike.

Fun sunrise hike