Bulldog Loop Trail

Bulldog Loop Trail is a 15.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Calabasas, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October.

The first 3 miles are relatively easy then miles 4-7 just kick you butt with a major incline and 0 shade. Other then the lack of shade it gives you some great views with an overlook of Malibu.

Excellent hike! We got caught in the rain on top, but continued on. Fantastic views on top, easy roads to hike. Trails are clearly marked except on the eastern side of the trail. Map is a bit confusing there, and you have to take some detours to stay on course. Very few people after an hour in. MASH set was an excellent surprise!

Loved it. I went clockwise. The uphill was great, awesome coastal views along the high ridge, pretty gradual downhill on the other side. Sweeping views all around. All in al the trail is moderate but it's long. Most of the trail is sun-exposed and on a fire road.

I run the bulldog50k 2016this weekend . Is a very challenging course .. Now I'm planning on just hiking the loop no running .

nice

Was very Nice trip love the Hills on the Road Fire, no much single tracks for MTB .

This is a loop trail...but the map is wrong at the highway part - one does not need to get on the highway in order to get back on the main parking lot.
Mottroad is shown on the map and it should be taken instead of highway but if not careful enough you might miss it; the road adjacent to the right of Mottroad can be taken as well..
Once you reach the highway one only has to cross bridge over that DWP creek then make a left thru a parking lot - cross the parking lot and trail can be seen right away - is gated by wooden beams...

challenging loop. beautiful. IMPORTANT: those below writing that the finish is on the main road, DID NOT find the correct route at the finish to stay on the trail. Hard to find the correct finishing trail but it is there.

Great but the last part is on a busy road which is no fun...would prefer to finish on dirt rather than pavement.

It was the longest and best hike I have done so far.
I did with 4 of my friends and total miles hiked was about 19. We met some of the nicest people and a true gentleman in every way, who helped us when we got to the caves. I honestly didn't think there were any more real good men left in this world. His wife and his mother would be so proud , plus he was VERY HANDSOME !!!
The views were amazing, the cave's were an unexpected surprise.
The 6 mile hike all Up up up up was strenuous but well worth it. What an amazing world we live in.!!!

Hard work, but do rewarding when you reach the top!!

I come from the European side of hikes and this hike was a great 6 hour long hike I did it during the winter and I went superbly well was not to warm but take a lot of water