Brushy Peak Preserve Trail

Brushy Peak Preserve Trail is a 4.5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Livermore, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

My go to local hike. Good elevation climb, not too agressive. There are several loops so you can tailor your hike to your needs. Maps are available at kiosk. Free parking/entry. Dog friendly. Cattle grazing in winter until early summer. Winter can be muddy and summer gets hot, plan accordingly.

Such beautiful views of Livermore and a great workout! Takes about an hour and a half all the way around, although I had a baby on my back and am pregnant, so I am sure many of you could do it faster than me.

Free parking and a great mix of hills and rocky paths and flatter parts as well.

Tried doing this trail in early March and trail was too muddy to complete but today was successful! Trail was very dusty, dry and sunny. Kind of missed the cows that were present earlier in the year.

Very open space with limited traffic, luckily it wasn't a hot day when I went so my dog had a blast (even though the cows didn't like his presence). Muddy in some areas, decent views in others. Nothing particularly outstanding about it but worth it of you want a quiet stroll.

very nice trails here!!

Love it fave trail

trail was a little confusing so we ended up walking a combination of trails but we had an awesome hike