Brush Canyon: Brush Canyon Trail

Brush Canyon: Brush Canyon Trail is a 3 mile out and back trail located near Los Angeles, California that offers scenic views. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Took a back trail up a hill to the Griffith Observatory. It was more than 700ft elevation and the climb was a great workout.

The trail itself was good, except that signage in the general area of the Hollywood sign is too few and far between. We originally planned to start at this trail but the directions this app gave us had us starting somewhere else (at the West Trail, as we later found out) and we ended up at Hollywood Summit, not the Hollywood sign. Because of the confusing directions and poor signage, we ended up doing 5 miles instead of 3.

We took the Brush Canyon trail to the Hollyridge trail to the Hollywood sign. It was scenic and we didn't run into too many other hikers (despite all the cars in the parking area). Great hike, the two trails together was about 6 miles round trip.

This is truly spectacular. The trail itself is enjoyable, but the view are just awesome all the way up and down. When I got to the top I went to the left fist and viewed the sign from the front. Then I backtracked and took the trail the opposite direction to get behind the sign. That adds another couple miles but is an absolute must. The review view is something to behold -- and then hike on over to the Wisdom Tree about a half mile additional. I have been to LA many times and for some reason never hiked to the sign. Now that I've done it, I know I will always recall fond memories every time I look up from the city or highway in the future and look at the sign. Note that there are several ways to get to the top. The way I did it was to start from Canyon drive near Bronson. There are two small parking lots at the top of Canyon Drive that were full, but there was ample street parking just down the road about 1/4 mile.