Brown's Ditch Trail

Brown's Ditch Trail is a 4.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near North Fork, California that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

The amount of flying bugs was terrible (not sure if they were mosquitos). Used a can of bug spray and still couldn't escape them. The trail is easy and mostly flat. Wouldn't recommend if you are afraid of heights or have poor balance. The "waterfall" at the end is pretty...not sure if I would swim in the water.

Took my dog on this trail and the grates cut her paws. Pawful trail! >:(

Did not live up to my expectations of 4.5 rating. What is this a 4.5 out of 10? Do you wanna walk on grates? Then this is the "hike" for you! Would not do this again.

Gorgeous and beautiful reward at the end with the rapids! (^^)

Took the kids and my Dad on this trail and was surprised how fun it was. Super easy but for the kids first hike it's perfect. When you get to the end there is a waterfall "off trail" up about .4 miles but worth the hike through the forest. Totally recommend this for first timers getting them started into hiking.

More of a walk than a hike. Some spots have great views but the forest fires left it's mark on a third of the trail. It's refreshing to walk in the canal, if your willing to step on a few rocks. My cousin and I found a creek below one of the bridges you cross and decided to look into it. It was gorgeous. There's a big flat rock perfect for yoga (with a 20-30% incline) and a quick resting spot. The end was worth the wait. Nice man-made pool perfect for a picnic and to swim around and cool off.

Tip: if the water if high enough in the canal, bring a small inner tube or paddle board to float down the canal on the way back. The whole time we wish we brought one. Looked like a ton of fun.

Great for beginners! Has beautiful scenery and a waterfall at the end!

Nice fun hike on the flume with great views of the South Fork Bluffs. The rapids at the end are amazing.

Very easy....took our time just getting my daughter into nature and hiking ..

Loved this trail! Very easy and good payoff with the rapids at the end.