Brown's Ditch Trail

Brown's Ditch Trail is a 4.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near North Fork, California that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Did this quick hike today (12-8-17) and I have to say I enjoyed it. The bugs are brutal at times though, I didn't believe the reviews I read before going and wrote them off as city slickers whining but they were right, those flies are persistent. Other than that it was just what I wanted for a quick day hike just to get out of Fresno for the day and recharge before finals next week. Practically flat the whole way and a super easy trail to follow literally just following the flume but walking the tops of the flume gave it just enough uniqueness to make it interesting. There's currently no water running in the flume other than stagnant puddles but the waterfall and pool at the end are flowing nicely.

Really fun to walk over all the flumes! The face flies were a bit out of control but we used branches to fan our faces and it was tolerable. Our kids, 8 and 10, did well on the flumes but it might be a bit scetchy for little ones.

Fun little trail to check out. Half of the trail is burnt up from the fires recently. None of the trail is ruined from it. When you get to the end there is a nice water spot to have your lunch.

Do not take your dogs on this hike or there feet will get destroyed due to sharp cleats walked on. Do not take little brat children due to how dangerous it is. Our 11 year old did great though but she is not a brat. Lots of nats. Still an exhilarating hike. well worth it. I gave it a 4 because of bug presence.

Great trail.

This is a fun and easy hike. You're able to walk along the grates on the flume and the trail ends at water so it's a nice midpoint to enjoy before turning around. There's plenty of parking in the dirt across the street then just follow the flume!

Took my dog on this trail and the grates cut her paws. Pawful trail! >:(

I'd go back just for the view. It was beautiful, a little smokey because of the fires but still nice. Just beware of the gnats if you decide to go. Maybe bring something for your eyes because it gets pretty intense at certain points.

The amount of flying bugs was terrible (not sure if they were mosquitos). Used a can of bug spray and still couldn't escape them. The trail is easy and mostly flat. Wouldn't recommend if you are afraid of heights or have poor balance. The "waterfall" at the end is pretty...not sure if I would swim in the water.

Took my dog on this trail and the grates cut her paws. Pawful trail! >:(

Did not live up to my expectations of 4.5 rating. What is this a 4.5 out of 10? Do you wanna walk on grates? Then this is the "hike" for you! Would not do this again.

Gorgeous and beautiful reward at the end with the rapids! (^^)

Took the kids and my Dad on this trail and was surprised how fun it was. Super easy but for the kids first hike it's perfect. When you get to the end there is a waterfall "off trail" up about .4 miles but worth the hike through the forest. Totally recommend this for first timers getting them started into hiking.

More of a walk than a hike. Some spots have great views but the forest fires left it's mark on a third of the trail. It's refreshing to walk in the canal, if your willing to step on a few rocks. My cousin and I found a creek below one of the bridges you cross and decided to look into it. It was gorgeous. There's a big flat rock perfect for yoga (with a 20-30% incline) and a quick resting spot. The end was worth the wait. Nice man-made pool perfect for a picnic and to swim around and cool off.

Tip: if the water if high enough in the canal, bring a small inner tube or paddle board to float down the canal on the way back. The whole time we wish we brought one. Looked like a ton of fun.

Great for beginners! Has beautiful scenery and a waterfall at the end!

Nice fun hike on the flume with great views of the South Fork Bluffs. The rapids at the end are amazing.

Very easy....took our time just getting my daughter into nature and hiking ..