Brooklyn Mine OHV Trail

Brooklyn Mine OHV Trail is a 10.4 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Twentynine Palms, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for off road driving and is accessible year-round.

Distance: 10.4 miles Elevation Gain: 882 feet Route Type: Out & Back

ohv / off road driving

cave

Great trail overall. No issues with a non-Rubicon Jeep. Definitely recommend air downing; lots of rocks. I’d say there were only 2 sketch parts due to some washing out of the rocks, but we had fun and stopped a few times to check out the old mines.

off road driving

Fun. Not terribly hard at all. Super cool mine left overs.

Friday, March 23, 2018

Brooklyn mine. Is my first off-road destination I’ve done in Joshua Tree. I went on the black eagle trail a day later with not seeing much. If I had one choice go for Old Dale road, and Brooklyn mines. There are several other mining camps around the area. A easer (flatter) way to BM is by turning left after exiting Joshua NP to goldenrod mines then head north to Los Angeles mines there you can hike up into BM. I took all trail map route to the hilly part. I seen everyone (but not me) turn around. A lift, good tires aired down , and in lo 4 wheel. The rocky scary looking hills was not too hard at all. I enjoyed having the place to myself.

Wednesday, February 07, 2018

Brooklyn mine is a great spot to spend the night. it's rated as a hard trail but it's not very hard. it is remote and you do loose the trail at times but it's a great spot to get to. The mine is quite extensive. I saw at least 3 levels in the mine and will be going back to explore and map it.

Wednesday, August 02, 2017

I've done this alone but carefully at the end. The first half is okay with a moderate 4WD the second half needs a lifted 4WD. I went in early April before it was too hot. And I had rock sliders, a winch and WATER. The paint scratches are called "Rocky Mountain pinstriping"! It would be more fun to go with a group, I agree, and safer. See http://westernsnowbirds.com/ for my photos, in Backroads and Sights (Old Dale). No ads or spam.

Sunday, September 13, 2015

We were excited to take this trail as we had been on the Old Dale trail the day before and wanted a more challenging area to traverse. We entered from the 62 highway and followed the coordinates of a trail map downloaded from Trails.com. Parts of the trail are washed out by flood waters but we scouted around on foot and found the trail again. Once we got into the mountains a few miles we decided to turn back due to 9-16" boulders and lots of narrow areas where the brush would destroy my paint. I hacked a few dozen back with a hatchet before giving up. It was 100 plus and we were alone. I'd recommend having another vehicle to do this trail. It's fairly remote and in that kind of heat it could be a deadly hike out should you get hung up or break down. We circled back to another tail to Carlyle Mine and really enjoyed it, albeit a short jaunt. I have a lifted 2015 Rubicon, but not willing to risk the Brooklyn Mine Trail alone. Call me silly.