Briones Peak Via Alahambra Creek and Briones Crest Trails

Briones Peak Via Alahambra Creek and Briones Crest Trails is a 5.4 mile out and back trail located near Reliez Valley, California that offers scenic views. The trail is rated as moderate offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The real good part only comes after reaching Briones Road, where it is open air and you get to take in the views of the rolling hills. Briones Peak was a tad disappointing though as my view was blocked by trees or maybe I’m doing something wrong. For a better view, take a right turn onto Briones Crest Trail, pass the two lakes onto Mott Peak Trail where you’d reach Mott Peak. There isn’t any resting bench there but views are so much better.

My main go to for 15 years. I've done every foot of Briones over and over with or without many of my Golden Retreivers. I

Monday, May 29, 2017

Awesome hike. We parked at Alhambra Creek Staging area. The parking fee is $3 and there is an extra fee for dogs of $2 per dog (we weren't charged the dog fee due to the small size of our dogs. They are both around 5 pounds.). The trails are well marked and easy to navigate. We had our two small dogs with us and they did great. There are a few different trail options you can take, so your hike can be extended quite a bit. The sections we took had some nice, moderate hill climbs and down grades, and a small part where there was some water on the trail. Most of the trail was open with no shade, but there are a few shady sections at the beginning and towards the end. Really nice views of the valley on the upper sections.

Saturday, March 18, 2017

Beautiful setting but the trails are not clearly marked causing lots of confusion.

Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Excellent trail!! Lots of cows the Briones crest gate trail was locked (towards table top trail) is that a private trail?? Or I didn't know how to open the gate?? Lol either way I took the trail to diablo trail and it was beautiful!! Recommended!!

Monday, February 20, 2017

If you want to feel like in your in Ireland than take a stop here. Amazing.

Sunday, March 01, 2015