Bradford Ridge Path to Deep Creek Hot Springs

Bradford Ridge Path to Deep Creek Hot Springs is a 6.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Lake Arrowhead, California that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

beach

hot springs

This is a beautiful hike. In the warmer months, start early in the day it gets pretty warm. You are hiking out of the mountains into the desert. There is one part that is pretty difficult and very loose sand. You may loose your footing. Remember what you go down you have to come back up. :) Hot springs are beautiful and peaceful. Of course, there are a lot of naked people, so if you are not comfortable with nudity, this may not be the hike for you. There were hot springs and cold springs too so you can cool off before you head out.

Fun going down a work out coming back.

Took us about 3 hours round trip. Really like this spot and will visit again.

Must be in shape, very steep incline near the end of the trail

We took this trail to the Deep Creek Hot Springs with our 15lb 1yr old terrier. He made us look like a bunch of wimps, climbing and descending like it was nothing! The ground temperature wasn't hot for the little guy at the end of March. His paws are fine.

The views are desert mountains with pretty wild flowers and manzanitas. The way there is mostly descending meaning a harder hike on the way back. Towards the end is what makes the trail difficult--a steep descendant down the mountain followed by a heavy rock path to the Mojave River/Hot Springs. We were greeted by many naked people. lol The hike to the hot springs measured 2.5 miles--5 miles total.

It's pretty rough on the way back but well worth it!

Wednesday, October 05, 2016

My wife and I hiked Bradford path we hiked up from the 173 in Hesperia down Bradford path to the hot springs and back on the pct back to the 173 made kind of a big loop it was supper nice.

Sunday, May 29, 2016

hard hike and incline is rigorous but attainable. take plenty of water and sunscreen too. the waterhole is beautiful and refreshing just b Es ready for nudity. Hot springs are there too

Sunday, May 31, 2015

My wife and I had a horrible time on this trail. Its rated low because of the steep decent/climb by the springs. It was clearly never intended as a trail but someone a long time ago decided to continue to scramble down the hill to the river below and eventually it became popular. This trail is nearly vertical in a few spots. At one point you pass through some fences that have been cut, confirming this trail was never intended. The fence is the point where its become difficult. Its well traveled but I think its foolish from the insane 45+ degree ridge you have to scale down to the water runoff. In my days we called it "Bushwacking", not hiking.

I would not recommend this trail for dogs due to the steep climb, sharp rocky gravel and heat. My poor 6 yr old Lab's paws were destroyed on the gravel and several times I had to pull her up with the leash as she slipped down (she has a harness day pack I can clip too).

I can not recommend taking a horse on this trip though it is labeled for "Equestrian". Its way too narrow with some steep unstable rocky cliff portions on the trail. No way a horse can make it down that ridge either. If a horse could make it to the descent, you would not be able to finish to the springs.

Take plenty of water! Its hot in the desert even when its cool. There is very little shade, be prepared for that. The hike time is labeled as shorter than whats realistic. Its probably going to take you about 1.5 hrs each way (3 hr round trip) not counting time spent at the springs.

The springs are always great though. Warning, there are nudists and its often busy at the springs. Ive been there twice but we will never take this trail again. The other trail is much more relaxing after a day at the springs. For us, the best part of this trail was when it was all over.

Wednesday, May 06, 2015

Was a beautiful hike. I recommend you start early in the day it gets pretty warm. You are hiking out of the mountains into the desert. There is one part that is pretty difficult and very loose sand. You will loose your footing. Remember what you go down you have to come back up. :) At some points we were on all fours climbing up with the sand slipping out from under us. You can step off to the side and use the bushes to keep from slipping but it is steep. Great ass workout.
Hot springs was beautiful and peaceful. Of course there were a lot of naked people.
It figures the ones you DON"T want to see naked were the naked ones. The ones you did want to see were in suits. There were hot springs and cold springs too so it was nice to cool off before you headed back out.

Monday, March 02, 2015

Very beautiful. The hot springs are incredible. Be prepared for a very difficult portion at the end going down. Then again climbing back out. Make sure you have boots with good tread.

Friday, December 27, 2013

Great scenery, but intense elevation ( which doesn't seem like much until after you've spent the day the Springs). Of course the Springs at the bottom of the canyon are wonderful and refreshing, but I've found it best to visit during the week or holiday to avoid the 'Creepy Crowd'.
Lastly, while I didn't see any beehives in the month of Dec. there was parts of the trail cover in snow. Which made the evening hike back a little more slippery.

Saturday, September 28, 2013

I did this hike today and loved it. The hot springs were amazing! A couple things to look out for though on this hike.

1. There will be nude sunbathers at the springs so beware if that's not your thing.
2. There was a beehive about a quarter mile in from the trailhead. I didn't notice it in the morning when I left but coming back in the afternoon they were swarming around a tree trunk. I was able to move off the trail a bit and bypass it.
3. the end of the trail is very steep. Even going down was a little rough. But going up was a killer. So make sure if you are going to do this, you are in the shape to climb roughly 1400 vertical feet in what seemed like half a mile.
4. the place is pretty exposed, make sure to bring suntan lotion and lots of water.

Outside of that, this place is great! The hot springs are very relaxing and there are mean pools from really hot down to just warm and an area to swim where the water was fairly cold.

Saturday, April 20, 2013

This is my new favorite hike. The hot springs at the end are amazing!

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Beautiful hike! We encountered two killer bee hives. We had to go off course to get away. They will chase you for awhile! We were swarmed and got stung quite a bit. Other than the bees, the trail is incredible and the hot springs are gorgeous!

Monday, July 09, 2012

Unable to use the directions to find this trail because the 173 does not go that far anymore (coming from Hesperia). Would like to find a different way to get to trailhead, if anyone knows, please share. Thanks