Box Springs Mountain Park

Box Springs Mountain Park is a 7.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Moreno Valley, California that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This was a good hike. We went in February. Looks like pretty hot summer hike though.

way way way harder than easy. this is super tough. not Not not an easy trail to hike or bike. easy rating is very misleading.

Not really good for mountain biking. Views of the sunset are beautiful and if you’re on foot, I’d still count it a moderate hike. Certainly isn’t flat. But on bikes, to climb from the trail head near UCR you’ve gotta have some serious climbing ability. The steepness alone is one thing. But there are big rocks jutting out of the path making it difficult to maneuver. I’m not a pro and I’m sure it can be done but for the average rider, I’d say stick to hiking on this trail.

I went looking for the Two Trees hike but ended up on this trail. I have lived in the local area for many years and never took this trail. It's a great little hike so close to home. Beautiful views of the city and sunset. Trail is easy to follow and gives a good workout. I just hiked a couple miles up to the higher road and stopped, so there is still more to go back and see.

nice short hike

This hike is close to home and always a favorite. The path is well maintained and has great views. It's a great sunrise and sunset spot! The hike to the M on the mountain is a good little workout! Make sure to wear sunblock on this one. There is no real shade to speak of.

Is the trail open after Sunday's fire?

Not a bad hike! Best to go after it rains!

Its not easy, its a moderate trail...;) 7.3 miles back and forth and its hot!

Nice and tuff mtn.

Good Hike with extra weight on you on the harder paths

Good workout

Great trail and was maintained very well. At the top of the "M" there was some left over drug paraphernalia just a warning for those with dogs and kids. But great hike and the people I passed were very friendly!

amazing so beautiful

Easy hike. I recommend this trail for new hikers.

Took the family and had a great time.

Sunday, March 19, 2017

Good cardio trail!!! Go here all the time!

Friday, March 03, 2017

My favorite thing about this trail is that every time I go there is not a lot of people, its nice and quiet. Perfect for getting away. Because of that reason I am able to take my dog off the leash and let him roam free with out having to worry if there are other people/dogs around.

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Great trails hiked the M trail burns a lot of calories steep but the views are worth it

Sunday, February 12, 2017

Excellent hiking during the Spring time.

Monday, January 30, 2017

Trail is awesome not hard at all and good easy road to hike. Nice parking area only 5 bucks to park. It's on an honor system. don't be cheap leave your 5 bucks in the Box it helps keep the parking benches clean and in good shape

Sunday, January 22, 2017

it was great! this one us one of my favorite trail it takes my breath away (if you take the difficult path)

Thursday, January 19, 2017

Beautiful! Super nice hike. Should be rated at moderate though. Lots of rocks on the trails, which made for a better workout. Not to many other hikers. I went on a Wednesday in January.

Saturday, January 07, 2017

This was a great trail area for all skill levels.

Sunday, November 27, 2016

I hiked a little over a mile yesterday, the trail was clean and beautiful. I saw a hawk, lizards, birds and three wild hare. I'd say the trail is more moderate than easy, I gained about 800 feet in elevation in the mile that I hiked. The trail is dog friendly, my tiny terrier loved it. Bring plenty of water for this hike, there are a few shaded spots to rest in but you are mostly exposed.

Saturday, September 17, 2016

Hiked to 2 trees and back. Trail is very well maintained. A few steep grades makes this hike a great work out. Trail has a couple of well placed shaded areas to catch your breath.

Monday, September 12, 2016

Beautiful views!!!!! Great place to just hangout, do yoga, smoke weed and relax!!!

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

I hiked this trail for the first time and really enjoyed it. Beautiful views and no traffic. I only hiked 1.5 miles up because it was late in the evening and got a good workout. Easy to find with the directions on the app.

Saturday, August 13, 2016

If you're looking for a quick, nearby getaway, then this place is for you! This park suited our needs for a quick, 2 hour hike. There are some nice views of Riverside and surrounding cities in the area. However, if you have more time, then I would suggest going to the San Bernardino National Forest or Joshua tree National Park not too far from Box Springs Mountain Park.

Friday, August 05, 2016

liked it. great hike. would do again